What vinyl are you spinning right now??

wolff

Don Patterson - These Are Soulful Days (Muse). Patterson with Jimmy Heath, Pat Martino & Albert Heath. Killer band but hasn't hit me yet. It's kinda boring. The biggest bummer is that the record looks mint but plays with loud pops throughout. This is what I always hated about vinyl. Never the sound, just these apparently random noises on a perfect-looking record. CTI pressings are the worst offenders but this one is pretty bad.

Don%2BPatterson%2BThese%2BAre%2BSoulful%

• Replies 55.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My new CTIs were always cleaner than clean. The used ones are almost always noisy, probably a function of being bedroom and/or party records, perhaps.

It's funny, because this one local jazz DJ went from station to station for over 20 years, and I think he took his collection with him. He'd play Bags' "People Make The World Go Round" several time a week (when Sunflower was released, he'd play it every night, for at least a year or two) for all those years, and after a while it got to be a game o listen for the new pop in the record. One night it dawned on me that, gee, I grew up with those scratches, so to speak, and it moved me to tears.

Well, maybe not to tears, but it did get me to hearing pops on records with a whole new level of appreciation and affection, at least sometimes.

Just remember folks, every time you hear a pop on "Povo", somebody's busting a nut somewhere, or has. One day, if you're lucky, it will be you.

Conspiracy+Front.jpg

Damn you!

:) finally decided it was time to jump for a copy. Fabulous record

Ugh I used to own a mint copy of that...found it for $4 back in the mid-90s! Around that time I didn't have that much money to spend on records so could not resist flipping it for a few hundred back then to spend on other records :(

One I've never owned because I don't want to pay $200-$250 for it. I like but don't love it.

The wife was out at a choral concert tonight(an acapella group from Finland called "Rajaton" - and she thinks my music is weird!) so after I put our toddler to bed I was able to spin a few more records:

Taj Mahal Travellers "July 15, 1972" (Sony, Japan)

MEV "united patchwork" (Horo, Italy)

currently

Edward Vesala "Satu" (ECM, Germany)

My new CTIs were always cleaner than clean. The used ones are almost always noisy, probably a function of being bedroom and/or party records, perhaps.

It's funny, because this one local jazz DJ went from station to station for over 20 years, and I think he took his collection with him. He'd play Bags' "People Make The World Go Round" several time a week (when Sunflower was released, he'd play it every night, for at least a year or two) for all those years, and after a while it got to be a game o listen for the new pop in the record. One night it dawned on me that, gee, I grew up with those scratches, so to speak, and it moved me to tears.

Well, maybe not to tears, but it did get me to hearing pops on records with a whole new level of appreciation and affection, at least sometimes.

Just remember folks, every time you hear a pop on "Povo", somebody's busting a nut somewhere, or has. One day, if you're lucky, it will be you.

I let a buddy borrow my LP of Jimi Hendrix's "Electric Ladyland" and it came back with a pop in "All Along The Watchtower". I still "hear" that pop even when I play the CD. :)

230453317133.jpg

Trevor Watts plays with so much intensity, but then he probably always does.

That's a great record.

2715472.jpg

Jimmy Lyons-Sunny Murray Trio, Jump Up/What to Do About

Love that Lyons album.

Been hearing about this album all week, so felt I might as well play it. Got a crown from Penguin, it did :shrug[1]:

lee-morgan-the-sidewinder.jpg

NY, USA pressing.