Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been listening to the entire Tal Farlow set in my car... This is one of the very few times I've been compelled to listen to an entire set in sequence (more than a few times). I repeatedly find both the music and sound quality outstanding... I love this set. (Thanks Ron S.)... This set has long been one of my top 5 and this process is just reaffirming that.

I've been listening to the entire Tal Farlow set in my car... This is one of the very few times I've been compelled to listen to an entire set in sequence (more than a few times). I repeatedly find both the music and sound quality outstanding... I love this set. (Thanks Ron S.)... This set has long been one of my top 5 and this process is just reaffirming that.

:tup An impeccable set of music.

Tony Williams Select, disc 3

How's the sound quality? I have most of the CDs (and 'Civilisation' on vinyl) and as a Williams Fanatic am tempted by this one.

Sounds fine to me. I don't have the vinyl to compare :mellow:

Now spinning the George Shearing Capitol Complete Live box, LPs 3 and 4!

Indeed ! Those two CDs got multiple re-spins.

Now on - Django Reinhardt CD1

What do you think of the Django set? This type of music I have very little of, and was wondering the enjoyment/replay quotient.

I just have CDs 1 and 2 and it swings like crazy. No issues with the sound quality either. Must get the full set !

#196 The Complete Capitol Recordings of Woody Herman. Got it for $80 and it's mint :tup I am digging this, and am pleasantly surprised :cool:

I am playing Mosaic catch up from when I was a poor college student. Slowly but surely :g

I actually love the more commercial sides and the bands playing for the most part is superb! I guess he always had great bands.

I don't own the Berry, but judging by your taste, you will definitely enjoy it. If I could only get 3 of the in-print sets that I don't have, this would certainly be one.

Thanks for the feedback! :tup I will be ordering the Chu Berry set in May along with the MJQ set so I can save on shipping. Really the only Chu Berry I have is the few sessions included with the Lionel Hampton set (which will become redundant once I get the Chu set...) but it will be interesting to compare the remastering of the sessions.

Also, can't wait for the Lunceford!!! :party: