Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nat 'King' Cole LP set. LPs 1-3.

This is one of the few Mosaic LP sets I haven't managed to put my hands on yet. The other ones are the Lee Morgan, the Master Jazz piano, the first two Commodore sets and the Basie Studio Roulette....

How good is this set, Bob?

Edited by ASNL77

Nat 'King' Cole LP set. LPs 1-3.

This is one of the few Mosaic LP sets I haven't managed to put my hands on yet. The other ones are the Lee Morgan, the Master Jazz piano, the first two Commodore sets and the Basie Studio Roulette....

How good is this set, Bob?

Pretty good Yves - if you are a fan of Nat's trios (it weighs a ton though - it's the size of a Commodore). The 'Master Jazz Piano' is another one that I have been giving a spin of late - that one is well worth getting hold of too with some real piano finds from this enthusiasts' label of the 60s/70s.

The 'Basie Studio Roulette' is probably my all time favourite Mosaic - along with Thad & Mel. Superlative !

It's a NIGHTMARE!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: Stay away.... Methinks this is the 2nd coming of WindowsME.....

Cohn, Newman & Green Select - Disc 1.... :tup:tup

Just what I need after spending a day and a half uninstalling Vista :crazy: on my wife's new PC and installing WinXp...

Makes me glad I opted for XP on my new laptop. :cool:

Working my way through the entire Anita O'Day set. For 9 CD's and almost 200 tracks I haven't come across any real duds yet.

You won't! It's a FANDAMNTASTIC set of music!

Too right. Anita may have been a "difficult" person but she epitomises the fact that you don't need a great voice to be a great singer.

I especially love the numbers with OP where he apparently got pissed with her and tried to blow her away. She just goes along for the ride.