Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided that I need to make my way through Classic Capitol Jazz Sessions since I haven't listened to it in a long time. Disk one right now, Paul Whitman is blasting as I type.

Disk two now. The Nappy LaMare stuff is very nice.

Up to disk five now, The Cootie Williams sessions which, for me, are one of the highlights of the whole box. Great music. :tup

yesterday: disc 2-4 of the Elvin Jones Mosaic (all three albums with Wilbur Little on bass plus the first with the new band w/Gene Perla and Dave Liebman) - fantastic!

now: Harry James Capitol recordings (discs 5-7 of the Krupa/James box) - rather nice, didn't expect to like it that much...

to be followed by disc 3 of the Woody Herman, I think... will see.

The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Freddie Redd. Disk one. I'm still in shock over today. I go into Silver Platters in North Seattle, and I'm about ready to leave, I look down under the used jazz cd bin, and there's the Freddie Redd Mosaic for $29.99, so I jump on it. The set is in mint conditions too. Pure luck.

The Complete Blue Note Recordings of Freddie Redd. Disk one. I'm still in shock over today. I go into Silver Platters in North Seattle, and I'm about ready to leave, I look down under the used jazz cd bin, and there's the Freddie Redd Mosaic for $29.99, so I jump on it. The set is in mint conditions too. Pure luck.

Good grief ! Nice find indeed - congrats.

I once found the Bechet and Herbie Nichols CD boxes in a store for £10-15 each with bent boxes but the books and CDs were fine.

Currently spinning 'Curtis Amy Select' CD3.

Edited by sidewinder