email notification

7/4

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be contrary, but I've never understood the purpose of this particular "service". I mean, it's not like you guys never show up here, and it's not like you can't look at the indicators on the left of the screen and see where new posts are. The only thing I can tell this is good for is screwing up posting when the email is down. But then I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Better head to the political forum; don't want to waste a good grump!! :g

The PMs may be working. I just received two copies of the same message from the same sender. As if that person sent the message twice or the system sent it twice and I received it twice. I then sent a message to another person and received the error message from the PM system. Yet, my message may have gone through. Not sure. :unsure:

Edited by wesbed

Wazzup anyway? I have trouble replying to threads, too. Once there are two replies, once it just gets lost, and only in one of four cases was I re-directed to the thread after posting, in all other cases, nothing happened, I had to re-enter the http-address in order to find my way back and check if my post was indeed processed once or twice or not at all...

ubu

Just tried to send a PM (to mikeweil), got an error message, had to close down the pop-up window, and nothing is in my sent items folder. Has the PM arrived, nevertheless?

ubu

PM has reached me and has been answered. But I still do not get any notifications. Did not get error messages like you described, and did not have trouble posting etc. Everything works as usual except for the e-mail notifications.

Just tried to send a PM (to mikeweil), got an error message, had to close down the pop-up window, and nothing is in my sent items folder. Has the PM arrived, nevertheless?

ubu

Same for me (even the addressee ;) ).

He´s received it, though the PM still doesn´t appear in my Sent Items Folder.

Not to be contrary, but I've never understood the purpose of this particular "service". I mean, it's not like you guys never show up here, and it's not like you can't look at the indicators on the left of the screen and see where new posts are. The only thing I can tell this is good for is screwing up posting when the email is down. But then I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Better head to the political forum; don't want to waste a good grump!! :g

It means I can click on the link and it will take me to the first new post in a thread. Saves a bit of time. B)