Happy Father's Day to Organissimo Dads

To all the devoted dads on this board:

Jim Alfredson, Jim Dye, Jim Sangrey, JazzMoose, Weizen, Alexander, Aggie87, Chuck Nessa, AfricaBrass, Ed Swinnich, ScottB, TonyM, Dr. J, Kevin Bresnahan, Brad, The Mule, Edward, Jad, RDK, PhillyQ, Arno Marsh, and those I think might be Dads (montg, Eric, BruceH, Jazzbo, Paul Secor) and anyone else I missed…

Have a great day, and keep up the good work! :tup:tup:tup

Hope you all get all the barbeque, beverages, books, boxes (Mosaic, that is), babes (1 per customer, please!) and back-patting you deserve!

[edited to spell Randy's dad's name right]

Edited by maren

somehow eastern Germany is way ahead of the rest of the world on this one. We had our "Männertag" some time ago, on jesus-go-to-heaven-day to be precise. We get tot drink a lot and our wives/female friends tend to support that behaviour. I'm all for it. This daddy day is nice, but doesn't quite allow the guys their day as it reminds them of their duty as a dad a lot.

Gotta love them marxists. ;)

I keep getting asked "what I want to do on Father's Day" when in actuality, I just want to completely veg out. Of course, as all Dads know, this is impossible.

Unfortunately, my own father was just diagnosed with colon cancer so that certainly puts things in perspective!

Live it up people... you only get one shot at it.

:)

Later,

Kevin

Kevin,

Best wishes to you and your father in this difficult time.

Bertrand.

Thanks Bertrand & Jim... my Dad's using today to engage in his favorite pastime which is golf. He's probably on the 4th green by now (he's in a father/son tournament with one of my brothers).

I still don't know what I'm going to do today. Any second now, I'll start getting asked, "What're we doing today," and sadly, "Veg out," is not an acceptable answer. :)

Later,

Kevin

EDIT: Well, it already started 2 seconds after I hit "submit".

Edited by Kevin Bresnahan

Kevin,

Best wishes to you and your father in this difficult time.

Bertrand.

Kevin, stay positive and supportive and enjoy your father while he is here. I lost my mother to lung cancer April 30th. She was diagnosed in November, 2002. I spent as much time as I could with her and always kept a positive attitude. BTW, she lived a year longer than the doc predicted..

Maran,

Thanks for the thread. I'm a dad as well. (Two girls, 16 & 10.)

The bad news is that I've been fighting off a fever for almost a week. And I worked about 60 hours last week including at midnight at 3 am this morning. Bah.

The good news is that my kids will be coming over to my house this morning. Maybe we'll walk over to the coffee shop; I'm not up to anything more ambitious...