Andrew Hill Select now on the Mosaic Website!!!!!

Still waiting in Tennessee......but of course I don't have much luck with these delivery services, UPS in particular. They tell you something like "it will be delivered between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m." and expect you to have to sit home all day waiting on an package that probably won't arrive the day it's supposed to. I live in an apartment complex and would not dare allow someone to leave my package at the door. That's why it's being delivered to work, which is where I am and patiently waiting. Since we're not open on Saturday, it will probably be Monday or Tuesday for me. But I am holding out some luck, since someone in Texas has had his delivered today. Seems if they can get it from CT to TX, they could surely get it to East TN, which is probably half the distance!

:w

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my wife sees this, well, you know what she'll say!

Let's have a glass of wine and listen to Disc 3?

I'd marry THAT woman! My Hill Select was waiting on my doorstep when I ran home at lunch today. I didn't have time to listen to it though - I just ripped into the envelope, got that grey liner stuff all over myself and looked at it.

Over 1,600 miles from Stamford, CT to Texas, and about 750 miles to my location in Tennessee. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to the way these places work if they've already delivered to Texas but not to me....Oh well, just my luck......

:tdown

Edited by UnPocoLoco

I reckon it's an airport thing. DFW is a major one.

Well in that case I'm 3 1/2 hrs. from Atlanta, and Knoxville has a mid-sized airport with direct flights to several NE US destinations, and is only 15 minutes from here. And not mention being 3 hrs. from Nashville..... We also have major hubs for most major delivery services, including Fed Ex and UPS. It's not like I'm in the middle of frickin' nowhere here, but it sure seems like it with the service I get!

Damn, I'm only here for 20 more minutes! I'm tempted to work over just to wait out the delivery man.

On second thought, it's Friday......

Edited by UnPocoLoco

For budgetary reasons, I'm holding off on ordering this and the new Pepper till early March... so I'll be interested (and envious!) to read the reactions to the set here. The Hill is definitely a "wish come true" collection for me; I've been intrigued by these sessions ever since reading MC's passing reference to them in '95 when the Hill Mosaic came out.

For budgetary reasons, I'm holding off on ordering this and the new Pepper till early March... so I'll be interested (and envious!) to read the reactions to the set here.  The Hill is definitely a "wish come true" collection for me; I've been intrigued by these sessions ever since reading MC's passing reference to them in '95 when the Hill Mosaic came out.

I'm planning on a random round-the-clock broadcast of all 16 Selects after the Hill arrives.

At least a two day affair. Info will follow if anybody cares.

Rod

---

Now playing: Curtis Amy - In Your Own Sweet Way

For budgetary reasons, I'm holding off on ordering this and the new Pepper till early March... so I'll be interested (and envious!) to read the reactions to the set here.  The Hill is definitely a "wish come true" collection for me; I've been intrigued by these sessions ever since reading MC's passing reference to them in '95 when the Hill Mosaic came out.

I'm planning on a random round-the-clock broadcast of all 16 Selects after the Hill arrives.

At least a two day affair. Info will follow if anybody cares.

Rod

---

Now playing: Curtis Amy - In Your Own Sweet Way

That's cool--I'll probably be devoting a Night Lights program to the new Hill set in May. Between our broadcasts and the Mosaic samples, people should be able to get a pretty good idea of what the material sounds like!

That's cool--I'll probably be devoting a Night Lights program to the new Hill set in May.  Between our broadcasts and the Mosaic samples, people should be able to get a pretty good idea of what the material sounds like!

Yup, let's fill up those ears!

Right now, only 3 or 4 people can listen at the same time

and the only way to allow more listeners is to

dumb down the quality of the broadcast or find an

audio server website that would host it.

So, I'm looking for that possibility...

Rod

---

Now playing: Baby Huey - Hard Times

I just received the Hill and the Pepper Selects!!

Time to start a NEW thread, to talk about the music.

Somebody who actually has this thing, the honor and duty falls to you!!! :w

As the number 1 Hill fan, I think that honor should fall to you plus I'm not that knowledgeable about Andrew as are you and others so I will leave it to you. Plus, I haven't had that much of a chance at work to listen. Some of the music on Disc 2 seems very contemplative however.

Rostasi, have you looked at Shoutcast?

Yeah, I've heard a lot about Shoutcast.

It took a while to find a Mac version (which didn't exist for a long time),

but after finding it, I found it's a bit difficult for Mac installation - not very Mac friendly.

Thanks tho,

Rod

---

Now playing: Jimmy Smith - C-Jam Blues

(The mailing was between the stormdoor and our front door when my wife got home from work about an hour ago.  :ph34r: )

In between the doors is always where I request Mosaic have the package placed. Mosaic adds a label to the package for me. I assume the situtation, for you, isn't where the package was placed but that the wife found the package? :lol:

By the way, I started a new, separate thread to discuss the music.

Link: Andrew Hill Select "Talk About the Music" thread!!, step right up - tell us what you think!!

Those of you/us who get the set and want to talk about the music, please do so there.

This thread's got tons of "are we there yet?? - are we there yet??!!! :excited: " type posts (I know, I posted them too ^_^ ), that I think it's best to start with a clean slate.