Jimmy Smith cd's/albums

Bright Moments

How Many Jimmy Smith cd's/albums do you own?  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no defense of myself. I have all the JOS the same way I have all the Patton and all the Freddie Roach, ect.... Obviously to the detrement of other types of jazz. But I was a fan first and a player later. So, I've been loving it a long time. I LOVE jazz organ, and since JOS was the king, how can you NOT have it all! :party:

A serious question, posed by an admittedly organically-ignorant person: Is the range of the organ (oh, let's say the b3) so great that there'd be so much variety from any one artist to really justify owning dozens of that artist's recordings?

Guest ariceffron

I HAD THE LOWRY LP BUT TRADED IT BUT TODAY IF I WERE TO DO IT OVER I WOULDNT CAUSE I LOVE DISCO AND I THINK IT WAS DISCO JIMMY.

LETS TALK ABOUT OTHER OBSCURE/RARE JIMMY ITEMS....ARE THERE A LOT OF TAPES OF HIS LIVE WORK OUT THERE?

I HAD THE LOWRY LP BUT TRADED IT BUT TODAY IF I WERE TO DO IT OVER I WOULDNT CAUSE I LOVE DISCO AND I THINK IT WAS DISCO JIMMY.

LETS TALK ABOUT OTHER OBSCURE/RARE JIMMY ITEMS....ARE THERE A LOT OF TAPES OF HIS LIVE WORK OUT THERE?

I was reading the Defrancesco interview where they asked what he was listening to...he said "Jimmy Smith, Live In Israel."

Anybody ever hear of this?