Nastiness & This Board

Guest Chaney

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chaney

what was dishonest about it?  The honesty was that I could not really understand why he deserved praise on a site that honors good music and that I responded to this - but if it is the will of the people I will, from herein, refrain from commenting in memorial posts - and this includes Che's annual singing of happy birthday to Der Fuehrer -

I made the decision, as a member of this board, that Denny was deserving of a tribute thread and who exactly are you to question my decision? Get over yourself, Mr. Lowe.

PS: Ah, the Hitler card. Equating a tribute to Denny to (possibly) some nits singing happy birthday to Hitler? Grasping a bit, wouldn't you say?

what was dishonest about it? The honesty was that I could not really understand why he deserved praise on a site that honors good music and that I responded to this...

This bothers me, in the sense that it seems to suggest there is an objective answer to "what is good music?".

gratuitous nazi references = gratuitous nazi references + 1

I'm grateful to the non-American members of this board who abstain from personal attacks upon us based upon our CURRENT President's actions.

I think it would only be fair to cease making these kind of comments. It is obviously hurtful and serves no constructive purpose.

lighten up guys and start reading posts other than your own - Che's the one who has equated Nazism and Zionism, one of the most offensive things I have ever read on an internet board, and something for which he deserves to be reviled (interesting that you're more offended by my dissing Martin Denny than you are by Che's anti-semitism). That was my reference, so wake up, please - there is nothing gratuitous about attacking someone's biases -

Edited by AllenLowe

Guest Chaney

If the Che patter happens in the politics forum, I'm ignorant of it as I'm one of the folks that requested / volunteered banishment from that forum.

Chaney: you write: "I made the decision, as a member of this board, that Denny was deserving of a tribute thread and who exactly are you to question my decision? Get over yourself, Mr. Lowe." (italics mine) - you post this - and tell ME to get over MYSELF? This is somewhat confusing, as I was of the impression that this board allows freedom of expression -

Edited by AllenLowe

Chaney: you write: "I made the decision, as a member of this board, that Denny was deserving of a tribute thread and who exactly are you to question my decision? Get over yourself, Mr. Lowe." (italics mine) - you post this - and tell ME to get over MYSELF? This is somewhat confusing, as I was of the impression that this board allows freedom of expression -

Yes, it allows, but sometimes I get made fun of or whatever for something I say.

I will add that the Fuehrer remark was not intended to offend but to refer to that other thread -

You seem to be unaware of the custom here of leaving what's said on the political forum on the political forum. Hopefully, you're reading posts other than your own and can now see one good reason for this: Tony doesn't even have access to that forum and is unaware of Che's post to which you have referred. Which means, as far as Tony (and anyone else who voluntarily skips the political forum) is concerned, YOU are the one making Nazi references.

Guest Chaney

:lol:

You edited your post just as I had a response prepared; lost the sarcasm and decided to play the freedom of expression card.

You might now re-read (and re-edit?) your post as it contains quite the contradiction.

That freedom of expression card is always a tricky one to play. :lol:

By the way, I would expect every member of this board deciding to start a thread to be able to ask: who exactly are you to question my decision? If was a thread on Martin Denny, ferchrissakes, not a link to photos of a grisly motorcycle accident. (That's a thread from ages ago that I thought was inappropriate and so basically questioned / gently attacked its starter.)

Yes, it allows, but sometimes I get made fun of or whatever for something I say.

Surely you realize that you're not alone.