Nastiness & This Board

Guest Chaney

I'm with AfricaBrass. There are so many people posting here whom I would gladly invite into my house (at least once, anyway ;) ) that it would be silly to name them.

Frankly, Joe, I'm a little insulted that you won't take the time to name names. <_<

:g

You probably think you're one of 'em, don't you?

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For several reasons, but mainly because we lacked an Internet connection for almost a year, I didn't post much here from last spring until a few weeks ago. I don't know anything of the reasons some posters seem to have deserted the forums - I didn't catch up with the 100+ pages of new posts, but rather jumped right into the current discussions - but the atmosphere here seemed to me pretty much the same as before. So whatever has been going on recently, I can say as a semi-outsider it's all back to normal now.

Or should I say "normal"...

:)

A couple of things. I'm distressed that deus62 and Hans are no longer posting here. They've made some positive contributions. However, my experience is that on a board like this posters will come and go, even some good ones. It's unfortunate but that's reality. On the other hand, I think the core remains here and that's positive.

I also agree with what b3-er said. Let's try to be nice. We're probably all guilty of this at one time or another. And Guy was right, this thread is probably the nastiest I've seen here in a while, probably outside of the Political forum, which I generally avoid. It's not my view of what a jazz board should be. But I fought and lost that fight so I'll let it go.

Remember, it's nice to be nice to the nice ;)

I'm with AfricaBrass. There are so many people posting here whom I would gladly invite into my house (at least once, anyway ;) ) that it would be silly to name them.

Frankly, Joe, I'm a little insulted that you won't take the time to name names. <_<

You probably think you're one of 'em, don't you?

I'm so vain. :g

Remember, it's nice to be nice to the nice ;)

oh frank!

story.jpg

some other great lines from the major:

Margaret: They love you, Frank.

Frank: It was their hatred that fooled me.

Frank: I'm here to relieve you.

Hawkeye: You do resemble an enema.

Frank: I'm a pretty fair doctor myself. Ask any of my patients!

Hawkeye: We can't dig people up just for that.

Frank: What I don't understand is why do people take an instant dislike to me?

Trapper: It saves time, Frank.

This is what I do and it seems to work for me...

I start out assuming that you're all idiots and assholes with nothing intelligent to say. That way I'm never disappointed with any posts, and I'm occassionally pleasantly surprised when someone posts something smart and/or witty.

I start out assuming that you're all idiots and assholes with nothing intelligent to say. That way I'm never disappointed with any posts, and I'm occassionally pleasantly surprised when someone posts something smart and/or witty.

Sounds mighty close to my dad's advice about driving!

Sure sure! And that asshole with nothing intelligent to say (hey that's one of two hebrew words I know, btw) Daniel A cut me to pieces on that attached image! :angry: He ought rather have cut "Che" to pieces... :w

Hey Daniel: how about taking part in the BFT I just started? You were a regular there, back when it started, no? Drop a PM with address if you'd be interested! :tup

ubu