an odd question - Ordering 2 sets?

I'm just curious about something... Do any of you order 2 sets of a particular Mosaic you LOVE? For whatever reason...

Here's my thinking... I'm kinda debating about having a 2nd set of the current Mosaics that I absolutely LOVE in case something happens to the 1st set... (e.g., fire, major scratch, sun, etc.) I'm only thinking about it in the case of the Elvin Jones set I have.... (and maybe the Jazztet set I just bought)...

I would store them somewhere outside of my house...

There are some sets that I still have (Jackie McLean and Lee Morgan in particular) that are OOP and should something happen to those I'd be WAY bummed out...

I'd make a burn of the CDs for everyday use and put the Mosaic sets in a safe location.

What if something also happened to the second copy of the Mosaic box? Maybe you should purchase three sets of the same thing? I mean this comment in a friendly manner. :P

i can offer a safe place too and it's on another continent!!! :g

Marcus

Yeah, I suggest you buy one set for continent.

In my case I can add Pope's blessing, one for each set you send, just in case this guy hates music, except blues of course,

Edited by porcy62

I actually lost my Andrew Hill set.  No shit.

My kid took it into the car to use as a hard surface for drawing (unbeknownst to me).  Somewhere along the way, the damn thing disappeared.

I remember that.

So, you never found it?

:(

Sadly, no. I thought it might turn up when I moved, but no such luck.

I had made some backup burns of some of the sessions, so I was not out too much of the music. But I do miss the book!

I often wonder who wound up with the thing ... sadly, I suspect they were likely disappointed (unless they ebayed it :P ).

Needless to say I am drooling for a Conn of Andrew!!! and the Hubbard/Henderson date :g:g:g

Edited by Eric

Living in a hot and humid environment, some of my Mosaic booklets and CD liner notes have begun to yellow in patches (looks like some kind of growth/fungus). :( The CDs are in fine condition but I can't bear to look at the booklets. I've thought of ordering a duplicate set for 1 or 2 favourites such as the Hodges, but so far I've thought better of it. Anyway, Mosaic is sending me replacement booklets for some of these sets (what wonderful service!). Looks like higher electricity bills are in store since I'm gonna use a lot more air-conditioning. <_<

Living in a hot and humid environment, some of my Mosaic booklets and CD liner notes have begun to yellow in patches (looks like some kind of growth/fungus). :( The CDs are in fine condition but I can't bear to look at the booklets. I've thought of ordering a duplicate set for 1 or 2 favourites such as the Hodges, but so far I've thought better of it. Anyway, Mosaic is sending me replacement booklets for some of these sets (what wonderful service!). Looks like higher electricity bills are in store since I'm gonna use a lot more air-conditioning. <_<

REALLY???? How did you get them to send you replacement booklets? Did they charge you??? I've got a few CD sleeves that got water damage (It's a LONG story) but I won't ask them to do that....

unless.... ^_^

Did they give you a hard time????

I actually lost my Andrew Hill set.  No shit.

My kid took it into the car to use as a hard surface for drawing (unbeknownst to me).  Somewhere along the way, the damn thing disappeared.

I remember that.

So, you never found it?

:(

Whadya mean, you remember it? Damn it, Jeff! How much did you pay the kid!! :lol:

I suggest medical help! ;)

Suppose your house burned down?

You'd eventually get over it; I mean have some faith in your innate qualities. Goods are great; but they aren't everything. Sheesh! :blink:

As Sophia Loren, of all people, once said: "Don't cry over anything that can't cry over you."