Who have you met....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can add some to my list:

RDK (visited DC last year, and saw him again in LA)

Valerie B. (met in LA)

Adam (ditto)

And, since he was in Joe Chambers' group in NYC on 4/7 (and we spoke):

Woody Shaw III (who posts here occasionally)

Possibly some others - I'll go through the list again.

Bertrand.

• 15 years later...
On 4/5/2005 at 0:55 PM, bresna said:

I'll be damned if I can remember all the people I met at the various hangs I've been to. I definitely remember the New York hang with Blue Note's Tom Evered and that drive in Dmitry's car! It was filled with us board members.

Kevin, what your was the NYC meeting? My memory is that it was in the Summer of 1999, BN's 60th anniversary. Who else from the BNBB was there? I think it was you, Rob aka jazzshrink, bertrand, and we also met Hardbop(?). The concert with Jackie Mclean, who else was in that band? I remember Billy Higgins . Was that at Columbia U.? My memory is unfortunately not as strong as it used to be. I believe Phil Schaap MC'ed that night.

Edited by Dmitry

45 minutes ago, Dmitry said:

Kevin, what your was the NYC meeting? My memory is that it was in the Summer of 1999, BN's 60th anniversary. Who else from the BNBB was there? I think it was you, Rob aka jazzshrink, bertrand, and we also met Hardbop(?). The concert with Jackie Mclean, who else was in that band? I remember Billy Higgins . Was that at Columbia U.? My memory is unfortunately not as strong as it used to be. I believe Phil Schaap MC'ed that night.

One of the last times I saw Jackie McLean was at the Aaron Davis Hall in NYC during a "Jazz Corner Hang" on June 9, 2000. Several Jazz Corner forum members went while another group went to the Knitting Factory. The line-up was killer: Jackie with Bobby Hutcherson, Andrew Hill, Scott Colley & Billy Higgins. For some reason, I remember it as being "off". It might have been the odd "Star Spangled Banner", that I seem to remember being done as a march, or just the fact that they didn't play like a "band" but more like a collection of players.

departures-and-destinations-at-aaron-dav

On 7.5.2006 at 8:11 AM, bertrand said:

Woody Shaw III (who posts here occasionally)

Will he write a book about his father ? Once I heard rumours in that direction . On some of the more recently issued Woody Shaw performances he wrote the liner notes, he could tell a lot about the music and the live and surviving fellow musicians....