Who have you met....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list is short. I met Sidewinder, who was visiting from the U.K, in Stuttgart in Vinyl West, a great used store! Had a nice, short discussion with him, then it was time to brave the afternoon traffic home. I recall he had a pretty decent haul of LPs from that place B-)

Absolutely, Erik. Great to chat with you that afternoon, most enjoyable. That was a good haul of vinyl (especially the 'Tome VI') and reminder for me to go back to Stuttgart soon and pay Tom at 'Vinyl West' another call.. :)

My list is short.  I met Sidewinder, who was visiting from the U.K, in Stuttgart in Vinyl West, a great used store!  Had a nice, short discussion with him, then it was time to brave the afternoon traffic home.  I recall he had a pretty decent haul of LPs from that place  B-)

Absolutely, Erik. Great to chat with you that afternoon, most enjoyable. That was a good haul of vinyl (especially the 'Tome VI') and reminder for me to go back to Stuttgart soon and pay Tom at 'Vinyl West' another call.. :)

So did you guys plan that, or was it a surprise discovery?

The first time Rooster came up to me at a gig I had no idea who he was, and then he started babbling about the Grachan Moncur Select and I just knew it had to be him (up to that point I had just been a lurker at the BNBB and here, so I knew of The Rooster but hadn't yet met him)!

Like there are very many people in KC who even KNOW who GM is!

Edited by Free For All

So did you guys plan that, or was it a surprise discovery?

It was planned. I was visiting friends in Germany and made a post here in advance asking questions about what vinyl stores there were in the Stuttgart area ( B-) ). Erik gave a great list of suggestions in advance, I pre-warned him of my intended visit date/time and - lo behold- when I was delving through the seam of vinyl he was at the counter asking if there was 'an English guy' who had called in.

Funnily enough, there were two there that afternoon.. :D

Jim Sangrey (in '76 at NTSU)

Chuck Nessa (in '80 at Kinnara)

John Thomas (in '92 at k29)

Joe Milazzo (a few years ago at that bar near SMU)

Al Rearick (last Wednesday at the Fallout Lounge)

I'm trying to remember who all showed up at

Jim's get together a coupla years ago...

(god, I'm feeling old....)

You must be old...at least older than the guy in the Avatar!

Berigan! Flattery will get you everywhere! :P (I think...?)

The avatar pic is from last year.

I like to take my teeth out and play with them now and then.

My mind reminds me (often!) of my age. ;)

Edited by rostasi

Shawn

Jim

Joe

Andrew

Al

Soul Stream

I think that's it. . . ? Most recently got to have breakfast with Joe on Sunday!

Talked with DEEP and Kevin several times (and once together) and with Bill Fenohr, the gentleman of the board who runs Billy Records (private joke).

I have had so much correspondence with so many of you that I feel as if I've met you, and believe me I'm glad to have had the contact!

Edited by jazzbo

Jim Sangrey (in '76 at NTSU)

Chuck Nessa (in '80 at Kinnara)

John Thomas (in '92 at k29)

Joe Milazzo (a few years ago at that bar near SMU)

Al Rearick (last Wednesday at the Fallout Lounge)

I'm trying to remember who all showed up at

Jim's get together a coupla years ago...

(god, I'm feeling old....)

You must be old...at least older than the guy in the Avatar!

Berigan! Flattery will get you everywhere! :P (I think...?)

The avatar pic is from last year.

I like to take my teeth out and play with them now and then.

My mind reminds me (often!) of my age. ;)

Well, I just hope you have since cut your hair...there is only room for one long haired hippy on this here board, and that is me....

Edited by BERIGAN

Talked with DEEP and Kevin several times (and once together) and with Bill Fenohr, the gentleman of the board who runs Billy Records (private joke).

I've been to the headquarters of Billy Records! :g

Bill Fenohr is a very good friend. He's the one who hipped me to the BNBB.

Conn500 was kind enough to try and help me find a job up in Detroit. Things didn't quite work out, but it was bery nice to meet Connie in person. :tup

I've met fellow southeast Floridians:

David Gartner (dsgtrane) whom I knew before I became an Org subscriber

Dan Gould (only 7 miles away and very adept at transferring private open reel tape broadcasts to CD-Rs on the PC)

Evan Marks (Bright Moments) at a concert in Fort Lauderdale a year or so ago.

I've also met:

Jeff Krow (jazzkrow) and wife in Portland, OR when we visited the northwest this past summer and they gave us a wonderful tour around their city.

Jack Woker (stereojack) at his jazz CD/record shop, Stereo Jack's, in Cambridge, MA, when we visited our Harvard student nephew a couple of years ago.

Also, Michael Weiss, a wonderful pianist, is a long time friend from when my wife and I lived in the same apartment building as he in Brooklyn many years ago.

Hope to meet more as it's always a treat.

Edited by MartyJazz

"Unsocialble."

I wonder how many of us fall into that category? I'm not REALLY but in actuality tend to be because of my extreme introversion. . . . I just don't have enough time for ME ever. My wife is like that too. Because we try to, we have less of a social life than we could have. . . .