Who have you met....

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect I've been in the same room as sidewinder a few times, in Bath and Cheltenham.

Almost certainly ! Are you going to the 'Ornette' at Cheltenham or at the Bath Fest this year? If so, I'll say 'hi'.

B-)

PS - The lineup for Bath looks quite intriguing, with the F-IRE Collective, Human Chain and Misha Mengelberg solo recital in the Guildhall.

Edited by sidewinder

"Unsocialble."

I wonder how many of us fall into that category? I'm not REALLY but in actuality tend to be because of my extreme introversion. . . . I just don't have enough time for ME ever. My wife is like that too. Because we try to, we have less of a social life than we could have. . . .

I've found a lot of folks in the public radio business are kind of likie me--natural introverts who have made their way in the public speaking/education/public relations business through force of will.

Now, I really like a day when I deal with people straight through from 6am to 5pm, but it exhausts me. I've just gotta run off and read a book for a while. Actually this I find relaxing as well--can deal with people at arms length here, which is a good antedote to live radio and customer service.

--eric

I suspect I've been in the same room as sidewinder a few times, in Bath and Cheltenham.

Almost certainly ! Are you going to the 'Ornette' at Cheltenham or at the Bath Fest this year? If so, I'll say 'hi'.

B-)

PS - The lineup for Bath looks quite intriguing, with the F-IRE Collective, Human Chain and Misha Mengelberg solo recital in the Guildhall.

Yes, I'm doing my annual pilgrimage to both festivals, for the weekend in both cases. I'll be at the Ornette - it would be nice to say hello.

At Bath I'm easier to spot - I'm the bloke who keeps going to that amazing CD stand by the bar! (A few years back I was the bloke who set the book he was reading alight with one of the candles on the cafe tables!!! I have a strange way of attention-seeking.)

Edited by Bev Stapleton

Except for the radio business, I could have written that post. I've got a job that require extroversion, I love how it draws me out of myself, but I need time alone to recharge.

:lol:

You guys sound like me!

My wife's always complaining that I don't have any "real" friends. I tell her that I have a bunch of great friends on the computer, but to her, you guys don't count. :excited::lol:

Except for the radio business, I could have written that post.  I've got a job that require extroversion, I love how it draws me out of myself, but I need time alone to recharge.

You guys sound like me!

My wife's always complaining that I don't have any "real" friends. I tell her that I have a bunch of great friends on the computer, but to her, you guys don't count. :excited::lol:

That's funny--I don't count to MY wife, either. :rolleyes:

Except for the radio business, I could have written that post.  I've got a job that require extroversion, I love how it draws me out of myself, but I need time alone to recharge.

You guys sound like me!

That's funny--I don't count to MY wife, either. :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

I think my wife things this all a video game or something... :ph34r:

I keep telling her to get on the computer and meet some people she actually likes, instead of putting up with her crummy fair-weather friends...

I have only met sheldonm; this was at the Jazz Kitchen for a terrific Slide Hampton/Hampton Sisters show. He was so kind and gracious to give me two beautiful photographs that he took of Slide and the Sisters so I could have them autographed.

I've been in the same room as Jazzmessenger; I think we were both at the Tribute to Jimmy Coe at the Madame Walker Theater down on Indiana Avenue last year.

I think y'all need to come to the Indy Jazz Festival when Organissimo plays! First round is on me :tup

( especially Chuck, my favorite hot older curmudgeon guy...) ^_^

Oh, BTW, Mark and Jeff--great website! It's only fitting that Mark's photographs would have such a beautiful home. :tup

Edited by rachel

I have been fortunate to meet both jazzshrink and cannonball-addict once a piece, and meeting and becoming friends with sheldonm and ejp626 has given me the chance to go to shows in Chicago with people who actually like jazz! Makes the experience so much more fulfilling. Thanks guys!

I look forward to meeting many more board members, both Chicago area dwellers and beyond.

Edited by sal

Very nice thread! Any pics from these meetings to prove it? :D

I have a photo from Zurich when I met king ubu but must figure out some way to get it on this machine to prove it ... will have to send them to him, too.

Met brownie in Paris.

Looking forward to expand the list - there are plans to see tjobbe later this or next month.

Very nice thread! Any pics from these meetings to prove it? :D

I have a photo from Zurich when I met king ubu but must figure out some way to get it on this machine to prove it ... will have to send them to him, too.

Met brownie in Paris.

Looking forward to expand the list - there are plans to see tjobbe later this or next month.

Here's one of Larry Kart with Von Freeman, Uncle Skid and Chuck Nessa from a show we went to recently!

Edited by sheldonm

I have only met sheldonm; this was at the Jazz Kitchen for a terrific Slide Hampton/Hampton Sisters show. He was so kind and gracious to give me two beautiful photographs that he took of Slide and the Sisters so I could have them autographed.

I've been in the same room as Jazzmessenger; I think we were both at the Tribute to Jimmy Coe at the Madame Walker Theater down on Indiana Avenue last year.

I think y'all need to come to the Indy Jazz Festival when Organissimo plays! First round is on me :tup

( especially Chuck, my favorite hot older curmudgeon guy...) ^_^

Oh, BTW, Mark and Jeff--great website! It's only fitting that Mark's photographs would have such a beautiful home. :tup

...In the event these guys don't show up, I will have their beers! Thanks for the kind words about the web site!

m-