How Many Kenny G-Unit Cd(s) Do You Own??

Soulstation1

Fess Up!!!!!!!!!!!!  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually have one for the very reason that you mentioned. Some in-laws, hearing that I was a "jazz fan," gave me one of his Christmas CD's for Christmas one year. Can't even remember the name of it. I don't let it near my jazz shelves but file it with my wife's Christmas music. To be perfectly honest, it's not terrible, and serves as decent background music for holiday entertaining. The arrangements are OK if a bit pedestrian. On one chart with a bit of rhythm, G "blows" a tenor solo, trying to give the impression that he's got jazz chops. But the solo is so obviously being "read", it's laughable.

I used to own Duotones on cassette. It was purchased while I was in college, before I became a true jazz snob. At the time that album was "hot" and it was enough to make a few ladies on campus think I was deeper than I really was. After I heard A Love Supreme the cassette no longer had any relevance for me and I eventually either gave it away or simply trashed it.

I actually have one for the very reason that you mentioned. Some in-laws, hearing that I was a "jazz fan," gave me one of his Christmas CD's for Christmas one year.  Can't even remember the name of it. I don't let it near my jazz shelves but file it with my wife's Christmas music.  To be perfectly honest, it's not terrible, and serves as decent background music for holiday entertaining. The arrangements are OK if a bit pedestrian.  On one chart with a bit of rhythm,  G "blows" a tenor solo, trying to give the impression that he's got jazz chops. But the solo is so obviously being "read",  it's laughable.

Thank god I'm not the only who has this! And I agree, his first Christmas disc is pleasant enough and it does find its way onto the player during the holidays. Other than that, eh. Why are we even wasting space on the Organissimo server for this? :)

Kevin