Just upgraded to version 2.1.3

Jim Alfredson

BTW Claude, who's the piccy of?

I got tired of my Miles avatar (makes me think of Vince Wilburn :bad: ), so I temporarily replaced it with Helène Grimaud :wub:

http://www.helenegrimaud.com/

She's a stunner. Can she play?

My son who listens to classical music only (he also plays the piano) is a big fan of her. And probably in love with her!

I don't think she is a bad pianist but I have grown tired of hearing variations on her interest in wolves :rmad:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW Claude, who's the piccy of?

I got tired of my Miles avatar (makes me think of Vince Wilburn :bad: ), so I temporarily replaced it with Helène Grimaud :wub:

http://www.helenegrimaud.com/

She's a stunner. Can she play?

My son who listens to classical music only (he also plays the piano) is a big fan of her. And probably in love with her!

I don't think she is a bad pianist but I have grown tired of hearing variations on her interest in wolves :rmad:

I saw her perform one of the Beethoven piano concertos (I can't remember which one now :( ) with the Philadelphia Orchestra two summers ago at its summer outdoor performance venue. That was during the first half of the concert, and during intermission she came out into the audience and found an empty seat near where we were sitting, and stayed there to listen to the orchestra play Beethoven's Fifth Symphony during the second half of the concert. I've never seen a classical soloist--especially of her fame--do that before! Before the second half began, my then-nine-year-old daughter went over to her, and she was very friendly and gave my daughter an autograph.

The "View New Posts" in the upper right corner seems to do the same thing as "Today's Active Comments".

...they're actually slightly different, being nit-picky. The New Posts shows you the threads that have been added to since you were last on the board. Whereas the Today's Active Topics shows you all of the threads that have had activity in the past 24 hrs (or since midnight maybe?).

There are times when I want to re-visit a thread that was active earlier in the day, but doesn't show up in the "View New Posts" search (and I don't automatically recall which Forum it was in, or I'd just go to it). If it weren't for that, then I'd probably be happy with just the "View New Posts" option.

Edited by Aggie87

I like the fact that you can hover the cursor over the names of the folks who are sitting in the forum and it tells you what they're doing (reading 11:30)....but I think it would be nice if we had additional info as well: what kind of coffee they're drinking? ... what their monthly mortgage payment is? ...what they're thinking? :cool:

Catesta (getting up to take a leak (11:36 AM) :g

Edited by Son-of-a-Weizen

I'm sure couw and a few others noticed as well: with this new version some glitches that were happening in Opera are not there anymore - cool!

We can now also insert bold text and smilies and whatever as easy as in MSIE!

What glitches?!?!?!?! :blink: I use OPERA and never saw any!

The blue background makes the yellow orange in my avatar seem less bright :(