Hello everyone

lukrion

Hello gang,

After exchanging e-mails with Hadi Blues today, I pondered posting this message, after he suggested that I e-mail everyone. My name is Gary and some of you may be able to remember my screen name lukrion. I have chosen to log on as underwoodwhipsitout, as my real e-mail address is already taken and a name that I started using on the BlueNote board seems to be spoken for. However this person who is using my name is not me, although they seem to be using information about me that was/is common knowledge. Briefly, here is what has been going on with me, as I jotted down in an e-mail that some of you may or may not have recieved:

I don't know if this applies everyone here. If you haven't received any correspondence from me since January/Feb. then disregard this email.

Around the beginning of February while I was staying at my grandparents home for a mid-winter getaway, my home was broken into. In addition to most of my stereo equipment , a few guitars etc., my home computer was stolen. I was not aware of the incident for a few weeks to be able to file a detailed police report. When I did return home and took stock of what was missing, it was the obvious stuff. Electronics , a slew of CDs and some minor things.

While I had my credit cards , it hadn't occurred to me that all of my credit card history was available to the person who had my computer. This made every account on my computer vulnerable to credit card charges. (I wasn't aware of that particular problem until I tried using my card and found that it they were on "hold" because of excess, extreme usage.) In addition to electronic items such as DVD players and camcorders having been charged to my account, several adult and gambling sites were visited on with my information. I'm still trying to clear that up.

It wasn't until late Spring that two teenagers were caught in a related case because they were purchasing items via the internet from another stolen PC and having the items delivered to the address where the computer itself had been stolen from!

Last week I just hooked up an old Mac with a whopping 28.8 modem, just to get back on the net. I was in for even more surprises. A few people I contacted mentioned receiving emails from who they thought was me, during the time I was without a computer. Around March or April. I was told someone sent me an a-mail telling me about Jazz and Organisamo. I was also told that I am registered at BOTH sites under the name Garrison. Around Thanksgiving I did start using the moniker on the Blue Note Site. However the only other site that I visited was Harlem. I don't recall if I changed my name over there or not. However, the person who is using the name screen name Garrison or lukrion on these sites is not me. I am currently signed up to About jazz as underwoodwhipsitout, (a song reference).

Also I've gotten some strange stories back this week. I didn't join a Born again Christian cult. I did not go on tour with tap dancer Savion Glover. I did not move to China to live with the Monks. I've gotten a host of dumb rumors back. Evidently I know Michael Cuscana very well. That is also untrue. I've exchanged a-mails with Michael perhaps three times, all of which were questions regarding what I thought may be defects in a Mosaic set. Lastly, I apologize for any rudeness that might have occurred in any correspondence, as I probably have not been online since early winter. Unfortunately any email that I would have sent or received was on my machine up to maybe a year or more. I hope I did not inconvenience or make your systems vulnerable too. I have since changed my IP password, so I believe I am secure. If anyone has had correspondence with me that was weird, please forward it to me as I plan on contacting both Sysops.

I can be reached at the same IP or at underwoodwhipsitout@yahoo.com.

Thanks again,

The real Gary

Thanks Alexander and Hans. Its good to talk to you guys again.

Hadi emailed me a post on this site that someone must of did a cut and paste of a Philly Joe story, I wrote to someone when we were discussing how arrtists are often forget. It looks just like what I wrote, and definately my story, but it posted!

But I can't even use my own e-mail address to register on this site!!! :blink:

I guess I did learn that we leave ourselves more open than we think we do.

Nuts...

Take Care

That's odd, this Garrison character has only made 5 posts on the board but signed them as 'Gary'. You sure you're not the same person? Why would someone do that? It's creepy. Also, the username 'Lukrion' is not registered here. You can have it if you like.

That's odd, this Garrison character has only made 5 posts on the board but signed them as 'Gary'. You sure you're not the same person? Why would someone do that? It's creepy. Also, the username 'Lukrion' is not registered here. You can have it if you like.

Yep, it is creepy. My real e-mail address is taken here, and also what was used for a mess of other things. That's the real problem.

What's even more odd is the fact that all of Garrison's posts were made in the Musician's forum and he was asking about playing B3 and carried on like he knew everyone. He also hasn't posted since March.

Something is fishy here.

I hope I don't owe anything! I should have been settled up with any trades. I'm pretty sure the last thing I sent out was a Max Roach video at X-mas. Still, if I sold someone the le Bec Fin restaurant, I'll try to deliver on it. :rolleyes: Who knows? I'm still getting multiple charges for Fisting girl site!

What's even more odd is the fact that all of Garrison's posts were made in the Musician's forum and he was asking about playing B3 and carried on like he knew everyone. He also hasn't posted since March.

Something is fishy here.

These are cetainly strange times on this board with people's IDs being taken & questions about real identities.

Something is fishy here.

Hadi-Blues e-mailed me one of the posts that was posted under my BN name, that concered a Philly Joe story. While this event did happen, it is not the kind of thing I would have posted in public. That post was from a private e-mail between myself and one other person, that was saved on my hard-drive, like all my other e-mails, I send and receive. I just feel that by focusing on someones hard times it can have a way of overshadowing what they managed to acomplish. Its nothing important, but it was written as a private e-mail and is not relevant to the thread. B-3r, while I realize that anyone can sign on as any name they like, considering the circumstances, at least, can the PJJ post be deleted as this is not a coincidence? Or because the person utilized an e-mail address from a hot computer, can you remove those posts?