how did joe farrell die?

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

is it true he had a sketchy death, like he was murdered or something...i cant remember....

I thought it was the result of a long-term 'personal habit'.

Damn shame, such a fine player.

Those ' personal habits ' as they often do , led to liver cancer IIRC .

As I recall, a grim tale lies behind this sentence: "Larry Young died from untreated pneumonia at the age of 38."

I wouldn't mind knowing more about his story. I met someone who grew up in Newark, when it came to Jazz, he only wanted to talk about how he grew up across the street from Hank Mobley. When I asked him about Larry Young, all he would say was he knew his Dad.

There is much more to this story, but I only have sketchy details right now.

From www.larryyoungmusic.com:

'After Larry returned from California, he suddenly passed away under mysterious circumstances which are being investigated presently by the authorities. Like Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin and other artist of that period who passed away under mysterious circumstances appears that now you can add Larry Young to that category. Larry Young died a needless death at the age of 37. Larry Young was a wise, kind and loving man whose imposing stature was betrayed by his deep gentleness and respect to people who was close to him. He was very versatile, inventive and a pioneering musician who left the planet with a lot of unfinished musical business. We miss the man and the music he made very much. '

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand