is clementine lost and gone forever?

Bright Moments

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I think the term "asshat" was invented by George Costanza/Jason Alexander in either a Seinfeld episode or an outake/blooper, I could be wrong though.

Its etymology may go back to The Outlaw Josey Wales. Clint's character says "I'll kick you so hard you'll be wearing your ass as a hat." Not sure who picked it up from there though. South Park has featured the term as well.

Googling asshat and etymology gets quite a few hits (haven't checked 'em all out myself.)

If clem took all of his posts with him, does that mean that we no longer have access to his poetic, bile laden rant against Clark Terry? :(

(Edit: to add/clarify that I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this board!)

Edited by DukeCity

If clem took all of his posts with him, does that mean that we no longer have access to his poetic, bile laden rant against Clark Terry? :(

(Edit: to add/clarify that I thought it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on this board!)

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...st&p=604864

Yay! Thanks, rock!

I've cut and pasted it into a Word document to save for posterity.

Looking at it again, the lack of capitalization and punctuation makes it seem very e.e. cummings-esque!

why are we so sure that Clem deleted his own posts? It was a moderator who began first to delete Chris Albertson's posts -

Sigh.

It was NOT a moderator that deleted Chris' posts. He claims that, but he is mistaken. I not only asked my brother about it (who would not lie to me, especially about something so inconsequential) and I checked the moderator logs. He (my brother) did not delete any of Chris' posts. Larry did not do it. Nor MG. Nor myself. The person deleting Chris' posts was Chris.

I deleted clementine's account and his posts per his request. He said he was being stalked and it was causing him a lot of grief in the real world. I don't usually do that... I have been asked before... but in this case I thought it best for him and for the board.

why are we so sure that Clem deleted his own posts? It was a moderator who began first to delete Chris Albertson's posts -

Sigh.

It was NOT a moderator that deleted Chris' posts. He claims that, but he is mistaken. I not only asked my brother about it (who would not lie to me, especially about something so inconsequential) and I checked the moderator logs. He (my brother) did not delete any of Chris' posts. Larry did not do it. Nor MG. Nor myself. The person deleting Chris' posts was Chris.

I deleted clementine's account and his posts per his request. He said he was being stalked and it was causing him a lot of grief in the real world. I don't usually do that... I have been asked before... but in this case I thought it best for him and for the board.

Nice to protect baby brother, but...

Given the choice between the veracity of Jim or you, you lose every time, Chris.

We can just consider your latest promise never to return as one reason not to believe you.

Maybe its time for a new "death pool" - whose passing will bring Albertson back again?

Very sad to hear that Clementine was stalked but a tip of a hat for looking out for board members like that Jim. I miss Clem's posts as it's unusual in life to find folks who know Wynn Stewart, Chopin, and have a special regard for Clark Terry. He was full of bluster but rarely boring.

Sigh.

Nice to protect baby brother, but...

Welcome back, drama queen!