Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

Actor David Carradine found dead in Bangkok

Actor David Carradine, star of the 1970s TV series "Kung Fu" who also had a wide-ranging career in the movies, has been found dead in the Thai capital, Bangkok.

A spokesman for the U.S. Embassy, Michael Turner, confirmed the death of the 72-year-old actor. He says Carradine died either late Wednesday or early Thursday, but he could not provide further details out of consideration for his family.

The Web site of the newspaper The Nation cited unidentified police sources as saying Carradine was found Thursday hanged in his luxury hotel room and is believed to have committed suicide.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...3.DTL&tsp=1

Edited by porcy62

Oh, this is truly awful...really, really sad...

I know nothing of Kill Bill but I absolutely lived for Kung Fu back in the day.

The ...Legend Continues wasn't all that great, but it was a fun continuation of the original

and there were nearly twice as many episodes.

He seemed to take any work that he could get - and I mean any work,

but his screen presence was such that he could get away with the worst of things thrown at him.

The DVD set of the entire Kung Fu series have some really nice extras

(except for the last bit when he sits at a piano and attempts to sing),

but his quest to visit a certain Zen Temple in China was quite touching.

I just don't understand this suicide - a Buddhist suicide, much like that of Chögyam Trungpa

seems somehow more perplexing to me.

I am so crestfallen...

I'm starting to wonder if his "suicide" was some kind of weird sex act gone horribly wrong a la Michael Hutchence. :unsure:

Carradine may have died from sex act: Thai police

"Under these circumstances we cannot be sure that he committed suicide but he may have died from masturbation," he said.

Oh my God! Something else to worry about!

Damn.

I never comment on reported "hangings" until some time for investigation has passed, because of the seeming frequency of autoerotic asphyxiation. I was especially wary given the Bangkok (noted destination for sex junkets) location. But WTF would you take a trip to BKK and then wank?

RIP.

Why the fuck do the media need to report this fact?

They could have just said 'the death seemed to be accidental' and left it at that. The internet would have spread the word anyway. Not that we really need to know.

In general, when a 'celebrity' dies, why do some people feel they are entitled to know the cause of death? What if it is something embarrassing (as is the case here)? It just adds to the family's grief.

Bertrand.

The DVD set of the entire Kung Fu series have some really nice extras

I just ordered each of the 3-season sets yesterday. It's been on my wish list a long time and now Amazon has them for 60% off.

I grew up loving that series too. Many fond memories. I'll miss him.

I had a chance to meet him once, but my dad was too pig-headed to let me. I was a teenager sleeping in until noon on a Saturday and Carradine saw my dad working on his home-built airplane in his garage in Malibu, and stopped in to say hello that morning. He didn't wake me up. :(