OOP Mosaic sets found in warehouse

I just got this message from Mosaic:

A WAREHOUSE FIND

A few weeks ago our manufacturing plant notified us that they had a few sets on hand for three out-of-print sets. We had extra booklets and boxes and their find is now some jazz fans good fortune as we always aim to put these sets into as many jazz fans as possible. Also please be assured that these are part of the limited edition, as we did not sell out the full edition before the lease for our pressing of the recordings expired.

#196 The Complete Capitol Recordings of Woody Herman (6 CDs) - $96

These Capitol recordings feature not only outstanding arrangers such as Neal Hefti, Manny Albam, Bill Holman, Billy May and Ralph Burns but masterful musicians such as Al Cohn, Zoot Sims, Stan Getz, Serge Chaloff, Conte Candoli, Bill Harris and Cy Touff.

#197 The Complete Blue Note Horace Parlan Sessions (5 CDs) - $80

"I didn't know much about Parlan except what I had heard and liked on recordings with the Charles Mingus Band. Anyway, I took a chance and discovered that this is a beautiful set all the way through. The rapport of these bands is a delight and I've repeatedly enjoyed all the discs. This is what Mosaic is all about. Thanks." - Customer Review

#170 Classic Capitol Jazz Sessions (12 CDs) - $192

"While the horn players like Teagarden, Cootie and Rex, Wardell Gray and Hasselgard are well served in perhaps their best ever surroundings, and Norvo and Kessell are given good platforms, it is the long and dazzling line of pianists that I find most impressive." - Steve Voce, Jazz Journal International

Edited by J.A.W.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember this is the second go-around for the Herman and Classic Capitol Jazz sets, the second time they've been brought back from the brink of OOPness. The first time I ordered the Herman and it didn't last but 2 hours. Get 'em while they're hot! :excited:

I wish they would "find" some Stuff Smith sets !

They wouldn't be allowed to sell them; they had to withdraw the set because there was a problem with the rights.

I wish I had known you were looking for this set when a friend of mine was selling it cheaply in his record/CD shop a few months ago.

I would mildly recommend the Parlan set for those of you interested...

I'll go one further and strongly recommend it.

I second that!

I would mildly recommend the Parlan set for those of you interested...

I'll go one further and strongly recommend it.

I second that!

I third it! :tup

I'll throw in my highest recommendation for the Parlan set as well.

Here's wishing they'd find some extra Elvin Jones sets. That's one I'm kicking myself over when I had the chance, but my jazz tastes were still formulating.