Actress Brittany Murphy has died...

BERIGAN

She was a pretty good comedic actress and did a nice job in Eminem's movie 8 Mile. One of my best memories of her however was from an appearance on Letterman. Not long after she broke up w/ Ashton Kutcher, Letterman had her on and asked her what she thought about Ashton's relationship w/ Demi Moore.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O_nxivQJf8

She was a pretty good comedic actress and did a nice job in Eminem's movie 8 Mile. One of my best memories of her however was from an appearance on Letterman. Not long after she broke up w/ Ashton Kutcher, Letterman had her on and asked her what she thought about Ashton's relationship w/ Demi Moore.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O_nxivQJf8

Yeah, she really made an impression on me with her appearance on Letterman, possibly more than one. After seeing her in Sin City I had hoped for more roles for her, as she seemed like a genuinely good & funny person. R.I.P.

I'd heard the name but not seen her movies, and I recognized Brittany in the pictures on the web. My Mom was saddened by the loss, she liked a number of the movies Murphy appeared in. I saw my 12-year-old niece find out, and she had a look of shock, disbelief, and finally grief come across her face I'd never seen from her. My niece didn't cry, but she really couldn't believe it for a second and then I saw the realization hit her. I hated to see that.

It's a shame, Brittany Murphy was a pretty girl with so much going for her. RIP

I saw a photo today in the NY Daily News from 12/1 and she looked emaciated, albeit with a beautiful dress, nice makeup and a nice hair style. Dress it up all you want, she looked very sick.

here's a link to the photo, but be forewarned, it's sickening:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/galleries/brittany_murphys_life_in_photos/brittany_murphys_life_in_photos.html

I saw a photo today in the NY Daily News from 12/1 and she looked emaciated, albeit with a beautiful dress, nice makeup and a nice hair style. Dress it up all you want, she looked very sick.

here's a link to the photo, but be forewarned, it's sickening:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/galleries/brittany_murphys_life_in_photos/brittany_murphys_life_in_photos.html

Man, that is sickening! :( It's just a crying shame what hollywood does to people. Women aren't meant to be as thin as the images we too often see in magazines, tv, or movies. And really, who wants to see them this thin??? I imagine the Perez Hilton's of the world, and some aged gossip writers that used to be young and pretty. But not most men, not that I know of at least.

Honestly, I would have guessed someone like Lindsay Lohan would end up with a fate like this. She was so pretty, and mature looking around the time of Mean Girls. I thought she was going to become an Ann Margret lookalike. Now,4-5 years later at the ripe old age of 23, she looks "Old" absolutely terrible. Very Thin, unhealthy skin. Doesn't even seem like the same person. What happened??? She put on 5 pounds at one point and people told her she was getting fat??? Someone like Nikki Cox, who should have been the envy of most women, has all but ruined her face. Google Nikki Cox, and fish lips to see what looks like photoshopped images of her.

Hollywood will obviously always be about the looks of the performers, but it would be nice if someone could have a "normal" figure, and normal face, and still be a star. People like Bette Davis and Meryl Streep were allowed to, but I guess those days are gone for good.

Edited by BERIGAN

Man, that is sickening! :( It's just a crying shame what hollywood does to people. Women aren't meant to be as thin as the images we too often see in magazines, tv, or movies. And really, who wants to see them this thin??? I imagine the Perez Hilton's of the world, and some aged gossip writers that used to be young and pretty. But not most men, not that I know of at least.

Something very similar happened to a friend of the family. She was getting remarried and was dropping weight like crazy (to the point where she became unattractively thin) and then she had some blood sugar problem (leukocytes?) and went into cardiac arrest. She was about 36. If Britney Murphy was indeed anorexic, then catching any kind of illness could definitely push her over the edge. So sad. RIP

Edited by ejp626

Man, that is sickening! :( It's just a crying shame what hollywood does to people.

Kind of an ironic statement to make, seeing that you started this thread pointing out that Murphy was "not a classic beauty" and "used to be a bit chunky." Is it Hollywood that overemphasizes a woman's physical appearance over what's in her heart and her mind, or is Hollywood just giving us what we want?

Edited by sonnymax