Black Saint/Soul Note Box Sets

romualdo

Just checked my box - hadn't listened to it yet as only recently received it

looks like I've got a dud one too

I can also confirm that all 3 CD's Ming, Hope Scope & New Life are in mono (others are OK) - opened all of the tracks from each CD in audacity & was able to observe the wave forms

Compared the Craig Harris trombone solo (Blues In The Pocket) from the boxed set & to an original CD that I still have (hadn't offloaded it yet) - what a difference!!

time to send an email to Cam Jazz - has anyone actually received a reply from them confirming that they will replace the set?

Their reply to my email:

...thank you for your email.

Probably is a mistake of our manufactoring.....we will reprint this title and we can send another copy of Box Set of David Murray within a few days.

I will advice you when the Box Set will be available.

In the meantime you can please give me your address where I can send it.

Best Regards

CAMJazz Staff

No word on availability as yet.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can also confirm that all 3 CD's Ming, Hope Scope & New Life are in mono (others are OK) - opened all of the tracks from each CD in audacity & was able to observe the wave forms

Compared the Craig Harris trombone solo (Blues In The Pocket) from the boxed set & to an original CD that I still have (hadn't offloaded it yet) - what a difference!!

time to send an email to Cam Jazz - has anyone actually received a reply from them confirming that they will replace the set?

Their reply to my email:

Probably is a mistake of our manufactoring.....we will reprint this title and we can send another copy of Box Set of David Murray within a few days.

Best Regards

CAMJazz Staff

Just received an email from Simone at CamJazz. Replacement boxes will be shipped 6-8 weeks from now.

Their reply to my email:

Best Regards

CAMJazz Staff

Just received an email from Simone at CamJazz. Replacement boxes will be shipped 6-8 weeks from now.

Yes, same here. Received a similar email from Simone at Cam Jazz in Rome. They seem like a decent organisation.

Edited by JohnS

Most of these boxes I usually have all but one, maybe 2, of the albums, so have taken a pass. It's kind of frustrating really, but I don't like buying duplicates. I only have the Bill Dixon and Threadgill. But I'll probably pop for the Giuffre and Pullen boxes. I have 1 from the Giuffre and 2 from the Pullen, and the Pullens are on LP.

I'm up for 3 out of the 4... Not much of a Guiffre fan....

I wonder when we'll get a US distributor? For some reason it seems to take months for a US distributor to get these releases.....

You don't save anything really by waiting. I've pre-ordered all of mine via amazon.fr and gotten them quickly and well-priced.

Most of these boxes I usually have all but one, maybe 2, of the albums, so have taken a pass. It's kind of frustrating really, but I don't like buying duplicates. I only have the Bill Dixon and Threadgill. But I'll probably pop for the Giuffre and Pullen boxes. I have 1 from the Giuffre and 2 from the Pullen, and the Pullens are on LP.

It will be interesting to hear your reactions to the sound. When I've compared the earlier cd to the remastered, I've been greatly impressed with the sound of the remastering in these sets.

Okay - that makes me think they didn't yet know about the mistake!?

Well, what difference does it make? They certainly know now!!!

Ah well - the recent gaffe in the Universal France Ella box was fixed within days... doesn't make much of a difference, it's just a bit weird since the box has been out quite a while. That's all I wanted to say.