Ahmad Jamal and Carter/Bradford Mosaics can be pre-ordered

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear All, I produced the Mosaic Carter Bradford material and would be very interested in any comments or suggestions for the future regarding it. I plan to put out other similar material including the Flying Dutchman material, Bill Dixon Intents and Purposes, Hemphill Dogon A.D (have the master tapes here now), Jeremy Steig Flute Fever, and so on.

Your interest as expressed here on the site is so appreciated.

Jonathan Horwich

As so often, I'm slow catching up the news... but seeing some Flying Dutchman material (with most of which I'm totally unfamiliar) and even more so "Intents and Purposes" and "Dogon A.D." officially reissued would be great news!

Can't give you my impressions of the Carter/Bradford Select, as I'm lagging behind Mosaic's releasche schedule... but I'll definitely get hold of it while it's still around!

Dear All, I produced the Mosaic Carter Bradford material and would be very interested in any comments or suggestions for the future regarding it. I plan to put out other similar material including the Flying Dutchman material, Bill Dixon Intents and Purposes, Hemphill Dogon A.D (have the master tapes here now), Jeremy Steig Flute Fever, and so on.

Your interest as expressed here on the site is so appreciated.

Jonathan Horwich

Jonathan - THANK YOU.

Guy

Thank you all for your comments so far. So appreciated. I'd be interested in more as you hear all three discs, and their sound. Disc III has audiophile quality sound using just two mics and one analog machine so interested if this comes through to the listener. And Disc I is very good in this regard as well. So very interested in how the music and sound wears on the listener. Jonathan

That would be fantastic to have a proper reissue of Dogon A.D. Don't forget to include The Hard Blues from the same session (released on Coon Bid'ness), which was left off of the LP but would fit nicely on one CD.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what price you see, but it is showing me £57 or about $90. I wouldn't spend that on a download!

$52.50

Someone might consider this 'screwing the paying customers'.

Downloads seem to be priced higher in UK in general, as recorded music always has been. This is a *big* difference though. In the era of physical product they could blame the cost of shop floor space and higher taxes; in the download era I guess they'll claim that the price of electrons in the UK is much higher.