World Cup 2010

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another huge referee error. Argentina gets 1-0 against Mexico, but it was a very clear offside and the Mexicans were running up to the referee protesting. They will have to start using instant replay or goal area referees soon. These things cannot continue to happen.

Agree, we have a (questionable) super high-tech new ball, super high-definition broadcasting, big screens INSIDE the stadium, and the referee can't watch it, because of the FIFA rules, while all the spectators worldwide, and INSIDE the stadium, can see an obvious offside. This is just ridicolous.

Edited by porcy62

A statement was issued by FIFA after the Germany v. England game that there will be no goal line technology and no instant replays. They're a bunch of guys living in the past century, who don't want any change at all... Very sad.

Well, sorry that the US didn't advance, but I thought they did awfully well for themselves this WC. Something to build on.

Anyway, I have to say that I am glad a number of countries got shafted by really inexecusable poor calls in this round. This is just an unacceptably poor level of refereeing, and if I were a major sponsor, I would simply refuse to put any advertising dollars towards the next WC unless they adopted some basic replay action.

The president of FIFA is the only reason they won't go to instant replay, according to ESPN's Tommy Smyth.

Blatter is just another one of those mafia mobs of international sport commitees like Ecclestone and Mosley. In Italy the football business is focused on broadcasting royalties, no one cares about playgrounds for schools and youth, nor for education. Murdock and Berlusconi sport channels will never get a dime from me.

edit: the fact that wikipedia report that Blatter'salary is unknown says a lot about the man.

http://www.playthegame.org/news/detailed/fifa-president-talks-about-his-salary-and-denies-bribery-repayment-1222.html

Edited by porcy62

A statement was issued by FIFA after the Germany v. England game that there will be no goal line technology and no instant replays. They're a bunch of guys living in the past century, who don't want any change at all... Very sad.

The way it appears that FIFA operates, the only way to get replay is if it were sponsored by Kodak or Fugi for $100 million....

In Italy the football business is focused on broadcasting royalties, no one cares about playgrounds for schools and youth, nor for education. Murdock and Berlusconi sport channels will never get a dime from me.

Ditto - Just the same here and I take exactly the same attitude about Murdoch and his family of parasites.

The way it appears that FIFA operates, the only way to get replay is if it were sponsored by Kodak or Fugi for $100 million....

One day Sepp Blatter will retire. Nobody can stop the prgress and nobody stays in his position forever.

Slovakia waited too long to attack the middle of the Dutch defense. They were generally outclassed throughout, however, and deserved to lose. News flash: (too late for the Slovakian defense, apparently)... Arjen Robben likes to take the ball on the right flank, cut toward the middle of the field, and shoot with his left foot. :rolleyes::)

The late penalty was indeed a bad call (one of many by this ref, who had ruined a match in the group stage). That said, after Robben scored, Holland were the ones doing too much diving during this match. The tv commentators were making jokes about "gusts of wind".

Would love to see Chile go through, enjoyed watching them despite their lack of finition, don't think it will happen though.

Well, they got this far despite their lack of finishing, but Brazil might be too big a hurdle for them. Let's wait and see :)