World Cup 2010

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this Karma getting back for 1966

Could be..

Absolutely awful first half hour for England. The defence went to pieces - could have been 5-0 down. The last 15 minutes were better.

Unbelieveble that Lampard's 'goal' wasn't given. Time for Blatter to get to the 21st century with some new technology.

An England ball lands clearly behind the German goal-line, but the referee disallows the goal.

Should have been 2-2. If not for the idiot ref who is blind and gets in the way of play. Jerk !

Just watched several repeats: the ball clearly crossed the line. It should indeed have been 2-2.

Yes, too much erratic play by England - which could certainly not be said of Germany today. Fabio and Co. are in for a very stormy ride back to base. 'Cattle Class' air tickets all round?

Germany deserved to progress at least to the Quarter Final.

Edited by sidewinder

Yes, too much erratic play by England and not gelling as a team - which could certainly not be said of Germany. Fabio and Co. are in for a stormy ride back to base.

Germany deserved to progress at least to the Quarter Final.

Any idea if this will be the end of Capello? The tabloids will have a field day...

Any idea if this will be the end of Capello? The tabloids will have a field day...

Hope he will not be back in Italy, the man is so unappealing, may I suggest him a lifetime contract as coach of Turkmenistan national team?

Any turkmenistani forum member? :ph34r:

We've got 30° C in the shade here and in my small village, all hell just broke loose.

Absolutely everyone is on the streets, celebrating.

Cars.

Vuvuzelas (yuck).

Lots of good-looking, scantily-clad ladies (most of them seem to only be wearing flags).

An insane amount of totally drunk people.

I think sleep will be hard to get tonight.

If I didn't know better, I'd say we won the war.

:)

We've got 30° C in the shade here and in my small village, all hell just broke loose.

Cars.

Vuvuzelas (yuck).

Lots of good-looking, scantily-clad ladies (most of them seem to only be wearing flags).

Seems you're living in the wrong town ... all peaceful joy over here - probably more happeing in central city.

I think that mostly young team deverved to win - they have a lot of potential.

p.s. by now that talk about karma re. England vs. Germany should be considered settled.

For me it is.

Cars.

Vuvuzelas (yuck).

Seems you're living in the wrong town ... all peaceful joy over here - probably more happeing in central city.

p.s. by now that talk about karma re. England vs. Germany should be considered settled.

For me it is.

Why wrong town?

The good-looking, scantily-clad ladies wearing flags are in the right one!

Well played Germany. Thoroughly deserved for a well executed team performance. The important word being 'team'. England's collection of individuals looked like they'd only met eachother 5 minutes ago let alone spent 5 weeks preparing for this match. For that reason I think Fabio will have to go - he was given everything he needed to meld a team to progress in this competition and was unable to do so. Maybe the players just aren't good enough - I think the much lauded Premier league flatters to deceive on a wider world stage.

We can all look forward to some good footballing sides - Mexico, Argentina, Germany, Spain et al - providing us with a further two weeks of great football

No flag-clad celebrants visible in London right now sad.gif

For me it is.

Why wrong town?

The good-looking, scantily-clad ladies wearing flags are in the right one!

Exactly!

:g

Hey look, Man...if you really think refs/umpires do not have the power to completly alter the outcome of a game then you need to review that blown call in Detroit [Tigers] which denied the pitcher of record a no hitter. And if you further believe that ref/umps/judges haven't done so in International sports then, with all due respect, you need to do some research on that point.

No kidding.

I'll leave the "research" to you. But I don't think I ever said officiating in general is without its faults. That, however, is an entirely different thing than claiming all world competitions since Stalin have been rigged against the U.S.

Just off the top of my head, and without doing any "research," I believe the U.S. has led the medal count in the last few Olympics. How does that happen under this international conspiracy of yours?

A nice run in this tournament by the U.S. squad. Looks like it's about over now though. Congratulations to Ghana.

Nobody is offering any conspiracy theory, but bias clearly exists.

The Stalin point was an obvious exaggeration, a hyperbole.

But if your evidence is that the US has been leading in the medal count at the Olympics, you may want to consider that Russia no longer has control over those former Soviet Bloc countries whose athletes competed under the Russian flag. This would not be the case if the Soviet Bloc was still intact.

Congrats to Ghana...a great play on their part in extra time.

Meanwhile, England sure got screwed in the 1st half of their loss to Germany.

BTW...Tommy Smyth on ESPN2 was supporting the use of Instant Replay if only to determine if a goal scored or not.

Edited by GoodSpeak