Are there any box bargains currently available?

EMI has a new series of 4 CD boxed sets coming on November 21. Amazon UK has most of them for £10.56, but the Art Blakey is £8.99 and some of the pop titles in the series are even cheaper.

Jazz titles on Amazon are:

Chet Baker: Chet Baker Sings/Chet Baker Big Band/Chet Baker and Crew/The Most Important Jazz Album of 1964/1965

Dexter Gordon: Doin' Alright/Dexter Calling/Go/Our Man in Paris

Cannonball Adderley: Somethin' Else/Them Dirty Blues/Cannonball's Bossa Nova/Why am I Treated so Bad (although cover art subs Poll Winners for the latter

Bobby McFerrin: Spontaneous Inventions/Simple Pleasures/Bang Zoom/Beyond Words

Dianne Reeves: Quiet after the Storm/That Day/Bridges/The Calling

Herbie Hancock: My Point of View/Empyrean Isles/Maiden Voyage/Speak Like a Child

Joe Henderson: Page One/Our Thing/In'n'Out/Made for Joe

Wayne Shorter: Night Dreamer/Juju/Speak no Evil/Adam's Apple

Art Blakey: A Night in Tunisia/Moanin/The Big Beat/Buhaina's Delight

Cassandra Wilson: Blue Light Till Dawn/New Moon Daughter/Travelling Miles/Belly of the Sun

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, those are painfully random. With the Henderson, for instance, you're one disc short of having all his 60s Blue Notes. I guess they make OK samplers?

I would spring for the Cassandra Wilson, I suppose.

I thought that re Wilson, then realised I never play the CDs I have of her. Time to get rid.

Mine too GA!

It's so interesting that now at the supposed end of the cd era there are these great bargains and great collections for those who may potentially begin collecting and being really intrigued with jazz. A good thing in that aspect.

Edited by jazzbo

Don't know if anybody is interested in this one, but the old 13-cd box set of Glenn Miller's RCA material is available from an Amazon seller for $69.99. Not too bad a deal: Here

gregmo

Yes but. . .

PLEASE READ: MISSING CD #3. Other 12 CDs in very good condition. Case of disc 13 with crack. artworks great too. NO slipcase present.

Don't know if anybody is interested in this one, but the old 13-cd box set of Glenn Miller's RCA material is available from an Amazon seller for $69.99. Not too bad a deal: Here

gregmo

Note this, however: PLEASE READ: MISSING CD #3. Other 12 CDs in very good condition. Case of disc 13 with crack. artworks great too. NO slipcase present.

gregmo

Note this, however: PLEASE READ: MISSING CD #3. Other 12 CDs in very good condition. Case of disc 13 with crack. artworks great too. NO slipcase present.

Oops--sorry I didn't see that! I'll look more closely before I recommend one of these in future.

gregmo

Ray Charles Singular Genius: The Complete ABC Singles [box set] is on "Black Friday--Lightning Deal" (look in the upper right corner) special this morning for 28.99 until 9am PST or they run out. Just ordered mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Singular-Genius-Complete-ABC-Singles/dp/B005JLNAQ6/ref=amb_link_358817042_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0ZA5M2TYE11XJ0CQQR7H&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1331673182&pf_rd_i=1000451311

Edited by vinyltim

Ray Charles Singular Genius: The Complete ABC Singles [box set] is on "Black Friday--Lightning Deal" (look in the upper right corner) special this morning for 28.99 until 9am PST or they run out. Just ordered mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Singular-Genius-Complete-ABC-Singles/dp/B005JLNAQ6/ref=amb_link_358817042_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0ZA5M2TYE11XJ0CQQR7H&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1331673182&pf_rd_i=1000451311

Great deal. I missed it.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1000451311

Great deal. I missed it.

Not me :-) But I'm having these lightning deal purchases to a friend in the US so I won't get to hear the music before mid-August.

51JVRIvZe-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

$7.91

gigi gryce

Remember there are 4 tracks missing on that one.

F

Mr. Urbina is correct with the two additional missing numbers. It's kind of a drag but I'll live with it. My primary interest in this set was getting "Sayin Something", "The Hap'nins" and "Reminiscin'", all which are fully intact.

I am only interested in "The Hap'ins" and "Reminiscin". Have the others in some sort of configuration... It is a shame when these go OOP.

Just got an email about this. If I'm not mistaken, the original price was around $1,200.

Exclusive Black Friday Deal For The Genius of Miles Davis

Friday, November 25, 3:00 PM EDT to 4:00 PM EDT

As an exclusive BLACK FRIDAY deal, PopMarket.com is offering The Genius of Miles Davis at the VIP PopMarket discount price of $299.99!

Individually numbered, exact replica of Miles Davis Trumpet Case houses the collection.

43 CDs include 384 recordings documenting the history of his years at Columbia Records.

Custom designed Trunk Ltd. t-shirt.

Previously unpublished fine art lithograph of one of Miles's most striking paintings.

Exact replica of the "Gustat" Heim 2 mouthpiece used by Miles during his career.

Sale starts at 3 PM EDT and lasts only ONE hour! Supplies are limited!