Amy Winehouse

Dave James

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, what a tragic waste of talent. I'm extraordinarily saddened to hear this. I thought she was remarkably gifted and actually had some serious respect for the tradition. A far, far cry from the auto-tuned hacks that pass for singers these days. It's hard to believe she could drink herself to death at such a young age, but if she was mixing booze and drugs, she was rolling the dice. It was only a matter of time. R.I.P. girl.

Where are your eyes that were so wild, hurroo, hurroo

Where are your eyes that were so wild, hurroo, hurroo

Where are your eyes that were so wild

When our hearts you so beguiled

Why did ye run from you and the child

Oh Amy, we hardly knew ye.

Very sad news. She clearly had talent and a spark of soul, and it's easy when you're an addict to think you'll lose that if you give up drugs forever. (Just one of the myriad ways in which your addict mind can feed you all kinds of jive to sustain your disease.) Sadly, you lose it all in one way or another anyway if you can't get off or stay off the train to oblivion.

Like the wasteful/senseless death of Kenny Kirkland, I'm a lot more mad than I am sad... don't know that I heard "greatness" in her, but there was definitely a sense of great potential that kept me interested (she had a great voice for broken-beat remixes, for whatever that's worth, and I was hoping that at some point she might engage the idiom directly...see below & imagine a live, engaged & energetic Winehouse working that groove...wow...)), at least until she made it clear that she herself had other priorities.

Oh well, here's to life going on.

Edited by JSngry

The disease is cunning, baffling, powerful.

as is life, which is how the disease works it's magic.

Someone thinks they're clean and sober, they say they'll never touch that shit again, they have learned their lesson...then suddenly they're at it again.

And at 27 to boot. She will now be another member of the famous 27 Club: Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and Amy Winehouse.

Was just thinking about that when I saw her age. Very sad. Also never understand why "People" find such humor in the fact someone is an uncontrolled addict...