BN HD Reissues

brownie

so the question is, what kind of system would be required to experience this as its intended? Would I be able to A/B the last Blue Train reissue on the PC (which has very good speakers, BTW) and tell the difference?

I've only had three copies of Blue Train - a mid-80s LP pressing, the first CD and the deluxe version with the PC-playable files and the two alternates. I don't know but I might pull the trigger on the really high-def remaster, just to experience it.

This is how the record industry is going to save itself, with 25 dollar downloads!

This seems to be a further by-product of the XRCD24 releases on Audio Wave. Same mastering is my guess, both are 24 bit masters with Alan Yahsido involved.

It's 1972, and Columbia's HOT!!! Mort Goode & The Inner Sleeve live!

A must-hear. A best bet. A revelation.

Larry Young's Unity changed that. In one elegant stroke. All by itself.

Dylan1973USPromoInnerSleeveFront.jpgDylan1973USPromoInnerSleeveBack.jpg

Now...

File this one under No It Doesn't, You Silly Ass. Now Stop Wanking And Get Back To Work:

it offers an array of thoughtful answers to the question "How, exactly, does conversation happen in jazz?"

This, though, is the one that has me pondering:

It now sounds like you've set up your chaise lounge right in the middle of Rudy Van Gelder's studio!

Unless there's an actual recording session going on, in which case the odds of that happening are slim and none (with Slim having just left town), I'm left to ponder exactly how a chaise lounge set up in the middle of a room full of inactivity would sound...and if I want to pay actual expensive money to hear it.

Who knew that straw-grasping would be so entertaining?

Chaise lounge is an American corruption of the French chaise longue (long chair). I guess it was conflated with lounge chair. In Brooklyn it's pronounced "Shea's Lounge."

I remember hearing the Fontainbleau hotel in Miami Beach always being called the "fountain-blue."

Unless there's an actual recording session going on, in which case the odds of that happening are slim and none (with Slim having just left town), I'm left to ponder exactly how a chaise lounge set up in the middle of a room full of inactivity would sound...and if I want to pay actual expensive money to hear it.

Even if there were a session going on, I think the mix would be different from that perspective...

Edited by Pete C

Pardon the expression but they must be jizzing all over themselves about it.

And, apologies in advance for actually posting that.

I'm aware that you and many others here are not exactly fans of that site, but I thought I'd post the link anyway for those few who might be interested. I hope this doesn't turn into another Hoffman board bashing thread.

Edited by J.A.W.

Pardon the expression but they must be jizzing all over themselves about it.

And, apologies in advance for actually posting that.

Assuming you mean figuratively jizzing, you don't need to apologize.

Well yeah, assuming they don't actually masturbate to superior sound (but its still pretty crude which is why I apologized in advance).

If I suggested that Hoffman board members do, would that constitute the bashing Hans is hoping to avoid? ;)

This may be a better likeness.

Sitting_king_logo.png

Israel-Kosher-Burger-King.jpg

Having eaten a buttload full of vegan ice cream last night that, yeah, was scrumdiddlyicious and dairy/fat-free and all that good stuff but loaded past the over-the-buttload common-sense-limit of sugar, there are things in life that you just gotta ask...why?