NEW!!! Blue Note Europe Bulletin Board

Aftab

Will you venture over to the Blue Note Europe Bulletin Board?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am still not happy about it. I miss the conversations we had... even with Tom Evered.

Why can't we have the same conversations over here? We're all the same people sans Tom Evered?

It looks to me as if we have brought the BNBB over here with us and added some cool people (like Evan for example) and we're better than ever. What am I overlooking?

the average boardmember sanity level. It has drastically declined. thanks to Rock Center. <_<

Sure. photo-125.gif

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as how or why the original BNBB ceased to exist, I'm a bit shocked that anyone is still hung up on that...

Ditto. Why live in the past? It (both the past and the BNBB) doesn't exist anymore. The here-and-now does. The BNBB wasn't any Shangri-la anyway; like every Internet forum, it had its share of childish, annoying, or just plain stupid posts and posters. No great loss.

As far as how or why the original BNBB ceased to exist, I'm a bit shocked that anyone is still hung up on that...

It's the lost post count... ;);):P

damn! you have to rub it in dontcha? <_<;)

My bank isn't too happy, I used my 3,000+ BNBB posts as a collateral for my overdraft...

Just to clarify what I said earlier about Blue Note censoring their new board. What I had in mind was Blue Note coming down on people who had a beef with Norah Jones music which admittedly is speculation at this time. Personally I would have no problem with them censoring high school locker room crap like the stuff that showed up in that thread that Kevin posted . It's the idea of Blue Note censoring people who expressed objections to Norah Jones music that I would think is wrong but once again I realize that is just speculation at this time. At any rate the point is moot for me because at this time I have no intention of going over there and I agree with other posters that it's about time to give this bad boy a rest. Peace.

bertrand,

I know where you're coming from and believe me, I'm glad you were not one of the one's lost in the fray. I'm glad you're still here.

My personal opinion concerning deep is that some people do actually think he's funny and an asset to the board. You may not agree and that's fine, but this place, just like the world, is made up of all sorts of different kinds of people and just because a few might offend my sensibilities doesn't mean I can't learn something from them.

I'm not trying to give a grade school lesson on diversity here, just making a point that may or may not be out there... one man's treasure...

The BNboard just got too successful - It became really a premier place to post on the net - so that, like Jim says, it needed more moderation to remain healthy. It also, doubtless, proliferated well beyond Bluenote's initial intent - which was to market their product. From the fan's perspective this was good and excellent. But what is good an excellent to a fan ain't necessarily good and excellent to a record company executive. Could be largely a waste of corporate time. I mean, why employ more moderators to enforce board standards if the board is largely talking about non-Bluenote related things? To me that's the hard, boring, financially-based reality of it. So, yes, in that narrow sense, we killed the bluenote board.

There was plenty of nasty stuff. And it never should have been there. But, the reality is that, without moderation, all Jazz discussion groups suffer from destructive people and/or postings. By the time Bluenote pulled the plug, it had clearly gone too far there. But one still has to deal with the reality of the necessity of moderation on Jazz groups.

To me, bluenote just lost interest in that board. When they pulled Bo and replaced him with, well nobody really, the writing was on the wall. And it was for the board in general.

I just have no interest in Bluenote Europe's board at all.

Simon Weil

As a relative newcomer here (just graduated to Gruper or something else edible), thought I might put a few things down:

I wasn't on the Blue Note board, but this is a pretty cool place you've got here. I think we ought to concentrate attention on this forum or others like it. There is no advantage to that I can see in participating on the Blue Note board.

Take it from me, they don't run the board to get feedback from people like us. They don't give a shit about what record freaks think is right and good. Period.

If you think whining about copy protection or about the latest BN signings on the BN forum is going to have the least effect . . . well, in that case you don't have a very good grasp of how folks in big record companies think.

Not that I'm totally against what BN has been doing of late, I think Lundvall seems to know what he's doing and it's not completely idiotic or anything. It isn't like the label hasn't changed before--it's changing again, perhaps for the good, in my view.

But as far as the corporately sponsored forum goes . . . Why, when you've got this?

On the "outside looking in theme" that occasionally rears its ugly head here (full disclosure: it was once applied to me): it's stupid and kind of pathetic.

I know a lot of musicians, and I know they've got the secret handshake and they've got all their esoteric knowledge that I'm sure folks like me are incapable of comprehending, and I know they've been secretly controlling the progress of world history for more than 2000 years, but the musicians I know have the good taste not to flaunt it.

So no more "bow down before me," OK. It doesn't reflect well on the not-so-secret society.

--eric

As couw and Hans have noted, why are we even bothering to discuss the whys and wherefores of the BNBB again. It's gone and replace something ten times (at least) better. I'm not trying to create further controversy (although it may seem that way) but I don't understand why Kevin has re-raised the issue. Is it because he's mad that the BNBB, to which he had many connections, is gone and replaced by something better (there I go again, raising controversy). Let's accept and nurture what we have here and not worry about what was and what won't be with BNE. If that makes me a Sangrey sycophant, I gladly accept the nomination :D.

Thanks, Brad (and others). Really.

And thanks to everybody who understood the obnoxious "musician" angle in my one post for exactly what it was - a specifc shot at a specific target for a specific reason. Hopefully there was no "collateral damage".

I very much appreciate the notes of support I've been getting. They yet again confirm to me that Organissimo is the jazz bulletin board.

Now let's get back to bizness, and let all this nonsense fade away like a BN boogaloo ending, only faster. ;)

Nice to see my post got some coverage on the Blue Note site and they still have shut me down!

As for the replies I am getting worried by weird nature of some of their interest

watch this now

Maybe they did not get the joke over there.

Anyway lets ping it back

Hello from the organissimo forum!

bounce!

:wub:

Thanks, Brad (and others). Really.

And thanks to everybody who understood the obnoxious "musician" angle in my one post for exactly what it was - a specifc shot at a specific target for a specific reason. Hopefully there was no "collateral damage".

I very much appreciate the notes of support I've been getting. They yet again confirm to me that Organissimo is the jazz bulletin board.

Now let's get back to bizness, and let all this nonsense fade away like a BN boogaloo ending, only faster. ;)

Jim,

As my last post here for a while (which will probably generate a big "hooray" from your band of sycophants), I'd like to give you a hearty FUCK YOU. You're an asshole for what you've said to me here on this thread. I did nothing to deserve this "non-musician" crap. I wasn't a musician when I made all those calls to Blue Note to get your posting rights turned back on... I wasn't a musician when I posted all that upcoming release information... and I'm not a musician now. I'm just a regular Jazz fan, like a majority of the people you're typing to.

You can back off all you want and "qualify" your feelings on non-musicians, but the fact is, us non-musicians saw it and we now know your true feelings about us.

I can only imagine what is in your personal make up for you to take this angle of attack on me and I can only wonder if there isn't some deep seated jealousy over something I can do that you can't.

stop crapping on the pile Kevin, it's big enough as it is. Jim didn't disqualify anyone for not being a musician, he said that if YOU want closer to the music, YOU should learn to play an instrument. He was stabbing at your "dropping" names from the music business. That's it. Get over it. Please.

and stick around willya! :rhappy:

I wasn't a musician when I made all those calls to Blue Note to get your posting rights turned back on.

Hey, I don't forget favors. I sincerely appreciated that, and still do. I owe you for that, and someday I'll do you a solid. Bank on it.

But Dude, you're making it VERY difficult for me to find a good spot to do so right now! :g:g:g:g:g

Peace out, stay warm, stay dry, and no hard feelings.

Now you have both lost me (which I admit is not hard)

I appreciate the info and input both have you have given to the board (s) but there is no need for either of you to snipe at each other through us.

Both of you should chill for a bit and remember what this place is about. Just take a look at what the alternatives are.

I for one feel this has to end and go back to being the better place we all know it really is or do we go back to self serving back biting ?

Let this end please?

The old forum got bogged like a Friday night bar brawl every now and again with really negative comments or inputs that were at best offensive but sometimes were worse and I would hate for one to see that happen again here.

Can you both not accept this?

Kevin, your input has helped so many people regarding matters Blue Note and beyond and Jim's has also so let that be an end

:wacko: