Cds we know exist but we can't find

They were once available even if in limited editions:  those cds you know about but have never been able to find  and you really want them.  What's on your list?  Top of mine is The Complete Gil Evans and the Monday Night Orchestra at Sweet Basil's.  

For years, one of mine was Jimmy Heath's "Love and Understanding", and a kind board member helped me out on that one.  Has always been unclear to me if the Charles Tolliver "All-Stars" album with Bartz/Hancock/Carter/Chambers (also known as "Paper Man) has ever been on CD.   I've seen it listed, but never available.  The Max Roach mid-70's albums with Billy Harper ("Live in Tokyo", "The Loadstar", etc.) are another "grey" item for me.   And Hannibal Peterson's "Naima", always listed at CDJapan, always cancelled from my orders.

39 minutes ago, mikeweil said:

There are a few on my list that can be found but sellers ask for way too much, like Lloyd McNeill's Asha CD reissue.

That is a GREAT CD!

53 minutes ago, Joe said:

Two I've owned / own but routinely pop up on want lists.

Carlos Ward's LITO (Leo), a quartet date with Woody Shaw.

Babs Gonzales, WEIRD LULLABY (Blue Note).

The Babs Gonzales can be found for under $10.  Never heard of that Ward, sounds good.

http://www.amazon.com/Weird-Lullaby-Babs-Gonzales/dp/B000008B0P?ie=UTF8&keywords=weird%20lullabye&qid=1459186089&ref_=sr_1_sc_1&s=music&sr=1-1-spell

1 hour ago, felser said:

For years, one of mine was Jimmy Heath's "Love and Understanding", and a kind board member helped me out on that one.  Has always been unclear to me if the Charles Tolliver "All-Stars" album with Bartz/Hancock/Carter/Chambers (also known as "Paper Man) has ever been on CD.   I've seen it listed, but never available.  The Max Roach mid-70's albums with Billy Harper ("Live in Tokyo", "The Loadstar", etc.) are another "grey" item for me.   And Hannibal Peterson's "Naima", always listed at CDJapan, always cancelled from my orders.

That is a GREAT CD!

1201 Music made Charles Tolliver's Paper Man available as a download, I wrote the uncredited notes to go with it on line. 

Also have been waiting patiently for Larry Young's "Heaven on Earth" for less than $40+.  And from the  non-jazz world, Temptations "Solid Rock" and Everly Brothers "The Mercury Years" and the Animals "Animalism" (the original album that came out on Hip-O Select).

Edited by felser

9 hours ago, felser said:

Also have been waiting patiently for Larry Young's "Heaven on Earth" for less than $40+.  And from the  non-jazz world, Temptations "Solid Rock" and Everly Brothers "The Mercury Years" and the Animals "Animalism" (the original album that came out on Hip-O Select).

felser, the new vinyl of Animalism is only $12.58 + $3.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Animalism-Animals/dp/B000EEYCCO/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1459227278&sr=1-1&keywords=animals+animalism

Have you looked at Amazon UK?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=animals+animalism

8 hours ago, GA Russell said:

Thanks for the lead, picked up  a version of the Animals album!

J.J. & Kai - Israel. 

Used to have it on LP, but never have come across a CD of it, although I do know they did issue it on cD at one time. 

It's not the best album from either, but I'd love to have the opening track, My Funny Valentine, back one of these days. It think it's the most beautiful version of that piece that I've ever heard. 

From the French Jazz Time series: Special Guitares vol. 2. The early volumes were available in Holland later volumes not and I didn't go to France for some years. It wasn't easy to compile a list of what had been issued. Over the years I filled the gaps of CD's missing that interested me. I did not need the whole series. Revival is not my thing. And I have the Hot five in various other formats etc.Two CD's eluded me so far 'Special Guitares vol. 2' and 'Americans in Paris vol. 7'. In all there are 81 issues. 79 in the regular series a sampler covering the first 26 CD's and a 2 CD set. 49 of these are in my collection.