So, What Are You Listening To NOW?

JSngry

5 hours ago, jazzbo said:

It can vary, but tubes generally are all they will be within 25 to 50 hours. Transformers, big capacitors, etc. take longer. I've been using Decware amps for about 26 years. They usually are "broken in" by 500 to 600 hours. That's about where I am with this new amp.

Not my amp--I don't have a camera and don't do pictures--but this is generally what mine looks like, with that massive transformer and copper plated end caps it looks very nice.

Decware%20Zen_Sarah_Amp_Model_SEWE300B_r

This one has the standard black endcaps on the transformer but shows the padauk wood base and ebony knobs that I have on mine. A beautiful amp.

f1f204_43494c2b83fd4896988d6f42c8f9cf49~

Absolutely wonderful.

I'm running a couple of active tube-powered speakers. The tubes are hidden within the cabinets, but you can just about see them through the ventilation holes.

dfprxaw13amez9ku0jjs4p3t.png

qm5tku63npvmabuifq1do0g.png

• Replies 79.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Absolutely wonderful.

I'm running a couple of active tube-powered speakers. The tubes are hidden within the cabinets, but you can just about see them through the ventilation holes.

dfprxaw13amez9ku0jjs4p3t.png

qm5tku63npvmabuifq1do0g.png

Very nice looking indeed! Bet that's a great sound.

13 hours ago, jazzbo said:

Very nice looking indeed! Bet that's a great sound.

Thanks! When I got these some years back, I stopped thinking about upgrading. Maybe they lack the crisp treble of the best modern speakers, but I am more than happy with the overall sound.

Each speaker has a 10" downwards facing driver in a bass-reflex enclosure, a 8" midrange and four cones for the treble range. They were built some time between 1966 and 1970.

5 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Cool. I have unconventional speakers as well, with an upward firing omni-directional driver, a forward firing midrange, a ribbon tweeter and a passive radiator at the bottom.

Decware HR-1

2LCtMtQ__16611.1568915744.jpg?c=2

I'm really attracted by the looks of those. Good too see that omni-directional as a concept lives on.

Robbie Williams – Swing When You're Winning

R-513904-1630476133-7132.jpg.40b09545f56251540b8f9dca66fa2705.jpg

Harry Nilsson – A Little Touch Of Schmilsson In The NightR-1291966-1678054335-7310.jpg.fa8700e10fcfff7a8f7953b7a8384a20.jpg

A recent run of listening to Keith Jarrett and Anthony Braxton standards records, plus @Teasing the Korean 's recent post about Great American Songbook records has sent me on a popstars doing standards run. In the interests of science, mind.

The Schmilsson's pretty good. Very much not a jazz album at all, though.