• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, HutchFan said:

71RX4vev7UL._UF600,600_QL80_.jpg

I saw him with Dave Liebman, maybe in the late 70´s, it was also Adam Nussbaum on drums, Terumaso Hino on a Don Cherry like pocket trumpet, and young John Scofield. It was Scofield who helped me to get through to Liebman to get may copy of "Drum Ode" signed by the master.....

Great band then, but there was two drunken japanese girls in the front row who wanted to flirt with Terumaso, he was not amused....., but fantastic music...

10 hours ago, felser said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ec3cebb906d19c198bdac058ba32a18.jpeg

Though I am not a real fan of Oscar Peterson, I can find him okay when he is not too overwhelming. I have...also from Montreux one of Jaws with OP which is nice, so this one might be nice too. Eldridge is my favourite pre-Diz trumpet player and he was so much ahead his time. Recently I heard some astonishing Roy in a pure bop setting (Giants of Jazz minus Diz who missed it, where Roy and Clark Terry do the trumpet part, and Roy is so great ! Of course Terry tooo ! 

27 minutes ago, Gheorghe said:

I saw him with Dave Liebman, maybe in the late 70´s, it was also Adam Nussbaum on drums, Terumaso Hino on a Don Cherry like pocket trumpet, and young John Scofield. It was Scofield who helped me to get through to Liebman to get may copy of "Drum Ode" signed by the master.....

Great band then, but there was two drunken japanese girls in the front row who wanted to flirt with Terumaso, he was not amused....., but fantastic music...

Seems to be rare they didn't go for the non-japanese musicians 🤔 ....