• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jimi Hendrix "Songs for Groovy Children" box set of 69/70 New Year's shows released Friday.  Disc 2.

Yes, they edited out stuff. Yes, there's a handful of tracks omitted. But hell yeah, after decades these are officially out there and for about 45 bucks. As "Band of Gypsys" is my favorite Hendrix, this is a real joy!

hendrix-gypsys.jpg

Jimi%2BHendrix.Songs%2BFor%2BGroovy%2BCh

Edited by jazzbo

Great 1962 performace by Bud. And recommanded to those who always say that Bud in the later years had lost much of his tehnical skills. This is top Bud Powell, period.

Great selection of bop standards and moving ballads. 

The two bonus tracks Bud-Griffin duo have already been issued on the Xanadu album "Bud in Paris". And as on the Xanadu LP, also here the recording years is wrong. The two tunes with Griffin in Paudras´ home were not done in 1960, but in 1964. In 1960 Griffin was not in Paris, and Bud had not started to be recorded in Paudras´ home. This was much later. 

Download.jpg

6 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

Great 1962 performace by Bud. And recommanded to those who always say that Bud in the later years had lost much of his tehnical skills. This is top Bud Powell, period.

Great selection of bop standards and moving ballads. 

The two bonus tracks Bud-Griffin duo have already been issued on the Xanadu album "Bud in Paris". And as on the Xanadu LP, also here the recording years is wrong. The two tunes with Griffin in Paudras´ home were not done in 1960, but in 1964. In 1960 Griffin was not in Paris, and Bud had not started to be recorded in Paudras´ home. This was much later. 

Download.jpg

:tup

12 hours ago, soulpope said:

Trompeta_Toccata.png

Kenny Dorham`s final leader date .... hard to believe but true ....

Yes, really hard to believe. And this album was hard to find at least when I became a BN collector. All other albums were already reissued as RVG, but this one was only available on japanese cardboard after a long time. 

1 hour ago, Gheorghe said:

Yes, really hard to believe. And this album was hard to find at least when I became a BN collector. All other albums were already reissued as RVG, but this one was only available on japanese cardboard after a long time. 

Was reissued as vinyl in Japan only via the very last batch (of a long running Blue Note Series by King Record Japan) in 1983 ....

1 hour ago, soulpope said:

Was reissued as vinyl in Japan only via the very last batch (of a long running Blue Note Series by King Record Japan) in 1983 ....

Funnily enough, very much available in vinyl in Europe from 1983/84 via the Pathe Macaroni series from France, which is how I got my first copy.