• soulpope

• Peter Friedman

• HutchFan

• BillF

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Gheorghe said:

It sure must be ! 
It is possible that I don´t have all Milestones, since especially in the early 90´s a didn´t have much time for music, I was doin a second job to my main job, was fallin in love with the girl who became my wife....
Now I´m listening more to the live albums, but this here sure is fine, ballads I suppose.

Excellent ballad interpretations, for sure.  Rollins' one original on the album, "Times Slimes," is also very good.  :tup 

Shaun Martin - 7 Summers (Ropeadope, 2015)

R-8254649-1458043563-8484.jpg

Fun record from 5 years ago that I'm returning to now - gospel pianist from Snarky Puppy playing playing music that sits across gospel, soul jazz, Disney type music and post bop. Even the more commercial bits have some good rhythm stuff going to give it pep. I like it a lot more than actual Snarky Puppy. I'm really enjoying this one. 

Edited by Rabshakeh

1 hour ago, Rabshakeh said:

Shaun Martin - 7 Summers (Ropeadope, 2015)

R-8254649-1458043563-8484.jpg

Fun record from 5 years ago that I'm returning to now - gospel pianist from Snarky Puppy playing playing music that sits across gospel, soul jazz, Disney type music and post bop. Even the more commercial bits have some good rhythm stuff going to give it pep. I like it a lot more than actual Snarky Puppy. I'm really enjoying this one. 

Sounds intriguing and fun. I never listened to Snarky P.  I see it's streamable so that's me sorted