What rock music are you listening to? Non-Jazz, Non-Classical.

EKE BBB

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, T.D. said:

I think the original release was the first LP I (b. 1957) ever bought. That, Allman Bros. Live at Fillmore East and Grateful Dead "skull and roses" within a short interval.

I had the Tull and Allman Bros. back in the day also, even on short available discretionary $ as a 16 year old teenager.   Didn't get the Dead album for many years (CD era), so missed out on the magnificent "The Other One" back in the day!

11 hours ago, BFrank said:

I got all the Wilson boxes from "This Was" to "Passion Play." They were one of my favorite bands during that time period.

I was huge on them from 'This Was' to 'Thick As A Brick'.  'Passion Play' was lost on me, though I should go back and listen to it.  These 40th Anniversary sets are beautiful, wish I had picked up on 'Stand Up - The Elevated Edition' when it was affordable. 

1 hour ago, felser said:

I was huge on them from 'This Was' to 'Thick As A Brick'.  'Passion Play' was lost on me, though I should go back and listen to it.  These 40th Anniversary sets are beautiful, wish I had picked up on 'Stand Up - The Elevated Edition' when it was affordable. 

Keep an eye out, they just reprinted Aqualung, Songs from the Woods and maybe others and they are back at list price or less. I picked up Songs from the Woods which was the only one that I had missed and I was not going to pay three to four to five times list price for it. 

5 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Keep an eye out, they just reprinted Aqualung, Songs from the Woods and maybe others and they are back at list price or less. I picked up Songs from the Woods which was the only one that I had missed and I was not going to pay three to four to five times list price for it. 

Thanks, I picked up 'Aqualung' , 'Thick as a Brick', 'Songs From The Wood' and 'Minstrel in the Gallery' in the past few days, noticed the prices were back to normal on them!

All this love for Jethro Tull who I always think of as a band with such an almost quintessentially English sound that it always surprises me that they crossed over the Atlantic so much. I know they were huge at times.

I liked them in smaller doses but when I did like them I liked them a lot, 'Aqualung' for instance.

1 hour ago, mjazzg said:

All this love for Jethro Tull who I always think of as a band with such an almost quintessentially English sound that it always surprises me that they crossed over the Atlantic so much. I know they were huge at times.

I liked them in smaller doses but when I did like them I liked them a lot, 'Aqualung' for instance.

I love 'Stand Up' and 'Benefit' and the stray early cuts which made it onto 'Living In The Past'. I  like 'This Was', 'Aqualung' and 'Thick As A Brick' quite a bit.  It gets spotty for me after that.  And I quite enjoy the Blodwyn Pig albums with Mick Abrahams.

Edited by felser

I picked up the Songs from the Wood ($39) and Aqualung ($30) boxes from Movie Mars, and they arrived on Friday in great shape.  They don't even seem to be available there anymore, and starting to disappear from other retailers.  I missed the SFTW box years ago and wasn't willing to buy it at crazy prices on the secondary market, so glad I got it finally.  It's probably my favorite overall Tull album.

Edited by Aggie87

On 12/18/2023 at 9:07 PM, Chuck Nessa said:

81jumHSa6OL._SX522_.jpg

and an old friend

51Vol6ac+1L.jpg

Mrs Bowie

6 hours ago, Aggie87 said:

I picked up the Songs from the Wood ($39) and Aqualung ($30) boxes from Movie Mars, and they arrived on Friday in great shape.  They don't even seem to be available there anymore, and starting to disappear from other retailers.  I missed the SFTW box years ago and wasn't willing to buy it at crazy prices on the secondary market, so glad I got it finally.  It's probably my favorite overall Tull album.

I actually didn't get into SFTW until recently, and liked it. Should check prices on that box.