How do you choose your avatar?

Hardbopjazz

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

OK, trivia questions in the spirit of this thread.

1. Who has never changed their avatar?

Might you be a contender?

I've changed mine a few times but I've always gone back to my original avatar.

OK, you caught me. My avatar's never changed from Newk recording The Bridge. Still, I'm wondering if anyone else, from Day One, has kept their same avatar?

My avatar of Sonny Rollins stopped loading (at least on my screen) for some reason. First avatar change since I joined ...

Well that was kind of you!  :rhappy:

hey, you think it's easy to rack up posts without a "babe" thread??!!!! ;)

From here on out, you're not allowed use the word 'babe'. Use it again and I and like-minded members will find you and do great bodily harm to your person.

Can't be too careful: you're never again to use the letters b, a nor e.

:bwallace:

Well that was kind of you!  :rhappy:

hey, you think it's easy to rack up posts without a "babe" thread??!!!! ;)

From here on out, you're not allowed use the word 'babe'. Use it again and I and like-minded members will find you and do great bodily harm to your person.

Can't be too careful: you're never again to use the letters b, a nor e.

:bwallace:

:g

I have no idea who drew my avatar. It's origination is in this thread. For all I know, Chaney may have drawn it, and if so, I thank thee heartily. :)

The reason I chose to make this my avatar is because of my favorite saying of Christ: "Come to me all you who are weary, and I will give you rest." It's from Matthew, and as anyone who's ever received an e-mail will tell you, it's also my e-mail signature. This is the part of Christ's example that I've always striven to follow: offering rest and comfort to those who need it.

Or, as the guy from Creed once bellowed, "with ahhhms wahhhd oh-paahhhn" (translated: with arms wide open) :g:w

I have no idea who drew my avatar. It's origination is in this thread. For all I know, Chaney may have drawn it, and if so, I thank thee heartily. :)

The reason I chose to make this my avatar is because of my favorite saying of Christ:...

And me, an evil atheist, unwittingly spreading the word!

happythoughts.gif

The reason I chose to make this my avatar is because of my favorite saying of Christ:...

And me, an evil atheist, unwittingly spreading the word!

Did you really draw that? If so, I really dig the simplicity of the drawing.

If not, well then..... come over to the... er, bright side! :g:lol:

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to use the restroom. I just hope Sangrey left enough TP.... er, behind!

Edited by Big Al

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Digging up this thread rather than starting a new one - hope that's ok.

I can't change my avatar. Tried several JPGs, all smaller than 100 x 100 pixels, all just about 3-6KB in size.

No way it will accept any of them.

Even better, it took the settings of the last new one I tried to upload and now shrank my 100 x 100 pixels one out of ratio.

make sure you clear your browser cache, many times the new avatar won't display until you reload a completely fresh copy of the page.

Also, you have to indicate the size of the picture to the software, so check the height/width prior to uploading, attach the file and fill the size in the boxes, that will make it appear correctly.

Right now it appears you have a Buster Keaton in jail avatar, correct?

Edited by Shawn

make sure you clear your browser cache, many times the new avatar won't display until you reload a completely fresh copy of the page.

Also, you have to indicate the size of the picture to the software, so check the height/width prior to uploading, attach the file and fill the size in the boxes, that will make it appear correctly.

Right now it appears you have a Buster Keaton in jail avatar, correct?

Yes! And that's the one it didn't seem to accept - so it DID work, but I couldn't see it at first - weird!

• 1 year later...