Wayne Shorter Zero Gravity documentary

cliffpeterson

Just watched the first "portal". Interesting enough, a lot of Wayne talking which is good. Usual talking head format alongside still photos, cleverly intercut in places and, the increasingly present in these docs, animation.

Really nice clip of older Blakey and Wayne

1 episode in. Impressed so far inasmuch as it's mostly Wayne telling Wayne's story. I am waiting for more discussion of Alan. Pleasantly surprised to see board member Jason Bivins as a featured commentator.

Edited by Joe

Enjoying the first episode so far. It seems to follow the text of the Michelle Mercer book in general and indeed, Michelle is interviewed quite a bit. Alan Shorter crops up on the childhood animation scenes.

There are scenes of Wayne with string orchestra - I wonder if this was from the performance I saw at The Barbican, London, circa 2017? Wayne’s outfit looks the same as the one that evening and the orchestra looks to be similar to my recollection.

Edited by sidewinder

I had contributed to the campaign many years ago and my understanding was that there would be a DVD. I am sure that was abandoned. Is that a violation of the kickstarter/gofundme?

I don't have a prime account. I know there is a 30-day free trial but with everything going on in my life right now, I am not ready to start a trial and be mindful of the 30-day deadline. I am not sure when I will have time to watch it. I only contributed under the assumption I was paying for a DVD.

Edited by bertrand

On 8/28/2023 at 8:19 PM, sidewinder said:

Enjoying the first episode so far. It seems to follow the text of the Michelle Mercer book in general and indeed, Michelle is interviewed quite a bit. Alan Shorter crops up on the childhood animation scenes.

There are scenes of Wayne with string orchestra - I wonder if this was from the performance I saw at The Barbican, London, circa 2017? Wayne’s outfit looks the same as the one that evening and the orchestra looks to be similar to my recollection.

In the final episode that concert has a credit for a BBC orchestra so I suspect it has to be that one. I don't recall the stage being so bright though

6 hours ago, JSngry said:

Please give me a gig proofreading the closed captioning of something, anything.

Chip Korea? 

Marginal NBA guard Nick Stauskas had his name transfigured on CC to "Sauce Castillo".  He ran with that and even had a hot sauce created and marketed in his honor.

image.jpeg.961e9d45c1e103fa3de0dce834d88988.jpeg

Edited by felser