BFT 240 AKA 20th Anniversary AKA Everybody contribute a Tune SIGN UP

Dan Gould

Please post here if you'd like to contribute a single track to the March 2024 BFT, which is being celebrated as the 20th anniversary BFT (although looking back, the 2nd BFT of all-time had a reveal in September 2003 - it was mine - so I am not sure how we ended up at BFT 240 in March 2024). Regardless, I propose this be named #240 / Tony Jerant Tribute BFT

(No I do not know if Tony has passed or not but he is the Granddaddy of 'Em All as the one who conceived the original idea.)

EDIT FOR ANNOUNCEMENT OF PARTICIPANT DIVISION INTO FEB/MARCH AND CALL FOR MUSIC:

The following members will have their submissions aggregated for the FEBRUARY BFT:

sidewinder   rcvd

mjazzg   rcvd

Big Al     rcvd

randyhersom    rcvd

Rooster_Ties  rcvd

Eric       rcvd

webbcity    rcvd

danasgoodstuff  rcvd

Dub Modal  rcvd

Me   always bringing up the rear but I'll figure it out.

Please send an mp3 to my email, which is a hotmail account with my screen name run together.  If you have not participated before, MP3 encoding should be 256 mps or 320 mps.

Naming convention is your screen name. (I reserve the right to reject any track for any reason whatsoever.  KIDDING.)

Target date is by January 20. You may send at any time. I will follow up with DMs for any stragglers.

Second group for March will be

DrJ    rcvd

Me

JSngrey   rcvd

Felser    rcvd

mjzee  rcvd

medjuk   rcvd

Tkeith   rcvd

Joe

mikeweil   rcvd

Ken Dryden

Edited by Dan Gould

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we can handle more than 12 or 13, within reason of course. The retro CD capacity thing is not really relevant the days unless that's how you get your tunes to Thom 

Maybe set a deadline instead of a max # of submissions? Would Nov 30 be ok? One more week.

Just a suggestion. But this is a celebration!!! 

19 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I think we can handle more than 12 or 13, within reason of course. The retro CD capacity thing is not really relevant the days unless that's how you get your tunes to Thom 

Maybe set a deadline instead of a max # of submissions? Would Nov 30 be ok? One more week.

Just a suggestion. But this is a celebration!!! 

I agree there's no need to limit it to 80 minutes, that's self-imposed for me (and yes, I do send a CD-R to Thom for mine), but I wouldn't want it to be of endless length either, people won't get through it.   I have a hard time with the BFT's that go on and on, especially if I'm not that interested in a lot of the cuts, and others often say they have trouble getting the BFT's listened to and responded to within the month.   But yes, this is a celebration, so we need to bend the rules and be accommodating! 

11 minutes ago, felser said:

I agree there's no need to limit it to 80 minutes, that's self-imposed for me (and yes, I do send a CD-R to Thom for mine), but I wouldn't want it to be of endless length either, people won't get through it.   I have a hard time with the BFT's that go on and on, especially if I'm not that interested in a lot of the cuts, and others often say they have trouble getting the BFT's listened to and responded to within the month.   But yes, this is a celebration, so we need to bend the rules and be accommodating! 

IMO, the biggest enemy of a longer program is sameness of style. 

With multiple contributors like we're looking at, that's far less likely to be an issue?

Also, the 7 minute max is just a suggestion, not a requirement. It would be radical to have 20 submissions and have the whole thing come in at 60 minutes LOL!!!