All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. It sure took them long enough.
  4. I really don't understand why they couldn't have thrown us a bone with some well-known jazz like Pat Metheny, Hiromi, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Gregory Porter, Brad Mehldau, Joshua Redman, Benny Green, The Cookers, Eric Alexander, Diana Krall, Regina Carter, Wadada Leo Smith, Maria Schneider, etc. There are SO many acts they could have booked... but just so disappointing. I don't even want to think about what they're going to do for their 75th anniversary...
  5. I mean, the Mario movie was fun. Nothing wrong with fun. The whole Marvel thing, I'm not a fan of all of that, but Wandavision on Disney+ was highly entertaining. So was Loki. People are doing good work telling these type of stories. I think the "complaint" against all of it isn't that it's poor quality, it's just that it's all that "Hollywood" wants to do these days, and no money is offered for more offbeat projects. And that might well be a legit beef. Probably is.
  6. https://www.discogs.com/release/3203384-Various-Historical-Prez-Lester-Young-1940-1944 Cheap copies ($2.99), exquisite music in not-bad sound. Lester's first band after leaving Basie, Young Brothers band plus some absolutely astonishing 1944 Basie airshots with Prez absolutely all-in. Highly recommended.
  7. Like Jim I knew the bandmember of Mouse Rat from Parks and Wildlife years ago. "Location, Location, Location." I don't know how many vacant or parking lots there are, but there wasn't one apparently where Pratt wanted to be. And if you have money (he does, even after a divorce from Anna Farris) and you're a star "they just let you do it."
  8. I've been fascinated by this material ever since the Masters of Jazz cd first came out. . . just wish we had this in excellent sound.
  9. Yesterday
  10. 600×600 102 KB Kenny Burrell “Midnight Blue” Blue Note Japan Platinum SHM-CD (mono) The system has had some changes since I last played this one and . . . DAMN. It sure sounds great.
  11. I mean, hey, I am very pro-union. But I am also very much in favor of taking care of your own business and stopping blatant suckage. Because ownership is lazy and will just let things suck more and more to the point that fans will demand the robots and, you know, give the fans what they want. Now, ok, you've begun to make yourself expendable. Way to go! Where is the fucking pride? Where is the god-damned discipline? Dude, where's my car?
  12. Nielsen, Symphonies Nos. 4 and 5 Michael Schonwandt, Danish National Radio Symphony Orchestra (Dacapo)
  13. RIP. He was a major contributor in defining their classic sound, then got out when the getting out was good.
  14. Disc 2: Schumann Symphony #4, Beethoven Symphony #4, Leonore Overture #3.
  15. Umps like Angel have proven their incompetence over many years. But you are also talking about a union gig. There is nothing they can do to get rid of him, and nothing they can do to make him get better.
  16. Agreed! I absolutely love the photo of him with McCoy, Bobby Hutcherson and his young daughter.
  17. I get it, but... Have humans beings devolved to the point that they are unable to learn a real strike zone? Have they devolved to the point that they are unable to punish egregiously bad performance? If they have, then ok. Robo away. But otherwise, make those motherfuckers do their job right.
  18. The Good Sons Quartet - Hoppa Doppa Loppa!!!
  1. Load more activity