EKE BBB

LPs that have never made it into CD

290 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BFrank said:

Don't think Cecil McBee's "Compassion" ever made it to CD. It's live at Sweet Basil on Enja, with Chico Freeman, Joe Gardner, Dennis Moorman, Steve McCall and Don Moye

These both are very good ....

14 hours ago, JSngry said:

Mickey Tucker deserves to be heard by more people than have likely heard him.

By the way,what ever happened to Mickey Tucker? He just, as Neil Young sang, "Faded Away."

Seriosuly, I think he moved to New Zealand to teach and then hurt his back. Something like that.

Heath Brothers-Live at the Public Theater should be on cd. In fact, collecting all their recordings would be a great set.

On 12/3/2017 at 8:52 AM, Stonewall15 said:

Still hoping for Brubeck "The Last Time We Saw Paris" and Brubeck/Mulligan "Compadres". Both were on Columbia LPs, now Sony.

Brubeck was unhappy with The Last Time We Saw Paris. 

Brubeck was unhappy with "Jackpot" yet it finally was released on CD. Also, what is holding-up release of with "Compadres" on CD?

On 12/6/2017 at 5:57 AM, JSngry said:

Seriosuly, I think he moved to New Zealand to teach and then hurt his back. Something like that.

His Facebook page says he lives in Melbourne, Australia, with his profession listed as "Retired Jazz pianist/composer". To your point about a back issue, the latest picture, posted in June, shows him seated.

18922702_1043342285769259_69806030350689

On 12/6/2017 at 0:34 AM, BFrank said:

Don't think Cecil McBee's "Compassion" ever made it to CD. It's live at Sweet Basil on Enja, with Chico Freeman, Joe Gardner, Dennis Moorman, Steve McCall and Don Moye

On 12/6/2017 at 2:40 AM, soulpope said:

These both are very good ....

So true!  Whenever I listen to these LPs, I'm amazed that they aren't readily available.

51GLfGCUErL.jpg  31QUVl-pe7L.jpg

Enja needs to make these available again, pronto!!!  

Edited by HutchFan

I have a CD of Cecil McBee's "Music From The Source" but it's long OOP I believe. I don't think 'Compassion" has ever been on CD. I wish Enja would reissue them both too!

I actually never heard "Music From The Source." Maybe I will ... someday! I have Compassion on vinyl, but don't have my audio system set up for records right now.

On 12/8/2017 at 0:55 PM, JohnT said:

I have a CD of Cecil McBee's "Music From The Source" but it's long OOP I believe. I don't think 'Compassion" has ever been on CD. I wish Enja would reissue them both too!

Correct and agreed!

On 12/4/2017 at 2:35 PM, Pim said:

Copy+of+fr1.JPG

Nice record and an interesting combination. Bought the LP a few years AFP but would like to have a nice cd version too.

It's not a CD, but the Japanese original on Victor (and not the French budget-pressing on Explosive, as Discogs claims...) is a much nicer issue.

2 hours ago, corto maltese said:

It's not a CD, but the Japanese original on Victor (and not the French budget-pressing on Explosive, as Discogs claims...) is a much nicer issue.

Agreed :D ....