Kind of Blue reissue

Aggie87

From Musictap:

"On September 30, Columbia and Legacy will release a 50th Anniversary Edition of Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. Originally released in 1959 (slightly over two years after I was born...but I got to it), this classic left an indelible mark in Jazz. With a gathering of extraordinary musicians (Cannonball Adderley, John Coltrane, Jimmy Cobb, Bill Evans, and Paul Chambers, this classic is one for the books. This Deluxe Collector's Edition of Kind of Blue, will feature 2CDs, the first with the entire album and a few sessions extras ("Flamenco Sketches" alternate take, false start on "Freddie the Freeloader," and sessions chatter. The second disc will feature material that came about as a result of the sessions. There are things from the very first session, a half-hour's worth of studio material, and two extended live performances from two separate shows in 1960.

There is an included DVD with a documentary of the story behind Kind of Blue, and the April 2, 1959-aired Robert Herridge Theatre: The Sound of Miles Davis. The fun doesn't stop there. This set will also include an LP of the album, a poster, and an LP-sized 60-page hard-bound book. Whew!! We're talking definitive here."

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought I was buying the definitive edition years ago when I bought the gold CD version in a long box, with corrected speed for the first time, but come to find out there was an alternate of Flamenco Sketches held back from the definitive version.

Yeah, that kind of blew. <_<

But THAT didn't blow. Good one! :tup

and the best news is that it's in 976 bit super dildo-definition blue purple oversample ray dvd/cd/supercd/motherfukercd format - unfortunately only 18 people in the entire country have the equipment to play it on - guess we'll all have to gather at Chuck Nessa's to listen to it -