Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ghost of miles

03/03/03: Organissimo releases debut, Blue Note board blows up

36 posts in this topic

I vaguely remember the Nora thing. Great forum while it lasted. 

Remember BNBB member Hard Bop? There was hardly a member he didn't disagree with :D

Quite a few BNBB members didn't make the transition to this forum, and of the ones who did many have left in the ensuing years... Pity.

26 minutes ago, J.A.W. said:

Remember BNBB member Hard Bop? There was hardly a member he didn't disagree with :D

Quite a few BNBB members didn't make the transition to this forum, and of the ones who did many have left in the ensuing years... Pity.

Chris (Hardbop) wasn't a bad guy. I met him a couple of times in person down in New York and I'm friends with him on Facebook. He just happened to like Wynton Marsalis, who we all know is a lightning rod and that brought him into direct conflict with Chris Albertson, which resulted in massive arguments. I always blamed Chris Albertson way more than Hardbop for that stuff.

20 minutes ago, bresna said:

Chris (Hardbop) wasn't a bad guy. I met him a couple of times in person down in New York and I'm friends with him on Facebook. He just happened to like Wynton Marsalis, who we all know is a lightning rod and that brought him into direct conflict with Chris Albertson, which resulted in massive arguments. I always blamed Chris Albertson way more than Hardbop for that stuff.

Ah yes, I remember now what the "problem" was. Add to that that Chris always said exactly what he thought in no uncertain terms, which often rubbed some members the wrong way.

8 hours ago, J.A.W. said:

There are a few like that here too.

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, porcy62 said:

Nora who?

Batty?

_48754733_009851095-1.jpg

Edited by sidewinder

14 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Batty?

_48754733_009851095-1.jpg

:D

18 hours ago, porcy62 said:

Nora who?

:g

Know Ra!

I'm an irregular here, perhaps even moreso than on BNBB or JazzCentralStation, rec.music.bluenote (always the same user name), but I'm glad it exists for my rare free moments when I have internet access.  And someday, I will be long-term resettled off The Continent....

Here, no Deep.