ghost of miles

Mosaic Records is releasing a Savory collection set

130 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Fred said:

Same here.

Anyway, my credit card was charged few hours ago.

Mine was charged back on May 29. Still no sign of the set. Patience....patience.......

gregmo

My set arrived yesterday. Haven't had a chance to play any of it yet but it looks great.

Just got the shipping notice.  Probably will arrive early next week.

The Savory set finally arrived, and I opened it to find that I have booklet number "2." There's proof positive that Mosaic sets really are random. I'd have thought that Cuscuna or Wenzel would have gotten the first numbered booklets, but I guess not!

Lacking any of the self-control some of you exercised, I went straight to the first Basie disc (V), because the Old Testament Band has always been my favorite big band, period. The magnificent exuberance of that band comes through loud and clear, and I came as close as I ever have to one my earliest and most exquisite listening experiences: the first time I put the old Decca 2-record "Best of Count Basie" disc on my old "portable" stereo turntable nearly 50 years ago. Jimmy Rushing in full shout, Lester Young unloosed, Herschel Evans before early death robbed us of him. I am *really* going to enjoy this set!!!

gregmo

6 hours ago, gmonahan said:

Lacking any of the self-control some of you exercised, I went straight to the first Basie disc (V), because the Old Testament Band has always been my favorite big band, period.  

gregmo

Me too.  The Randall's Island stuff is amazing.