Top Posters In This Topic

• sidewinder

• paul secor

• clifford_thornton

• jeffcrom

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

A sad anniversary. Wish his shop was still in operation and that he was still behind the counter. At least I have the t-shirt to remember it though.

92894149160054.jpeg

I went there in the late 90's while vacationing in London. I was pretty disappointed. I went through the whole place and had no luck at all. Now that Tower Records store in Piccadilly Circus... that was nirvana. It was convenient too. Come up the tube escalator, grab a coffee at the Dunkin' Donut shop right at the top of the escalator and then a few steps across the street and bam - you were at a great CD shop. I must've bought 10 Japanese CDs during that trip.

Edited by bresna

40 minutes ago, bresna said:

I went there in the late 90's while vacationing in London. I was pretty disappointed. I went through the whole place and had no luck at all. Now that Tower Records store in Piccadilly Circus... that was nirvana. It was convenient too. Come up the tube escalator, grab a coffee at the Dunkin' Donut shop right at the top of the escalator and then a few steps across the street and bam - you were at a great CD shop. I must've bought 10 Japanese CDs during that trip.

That was after the Ed Dipple era - not the same, sadly. The late 70s through the 80s were the β€˜golden era’ for Mole. Having said that, I did find some really good things there, right through to their final move into Harold Moore’s Classical shop. The dusty and neglected second hand area upstairs in their relocated site could result in bargains (not recommended for asthmatics).

Tower In Piccadilly Circus - used to get lost for hours in that place.

Edited by sidewinder

7093916-B-526-D-414-A-8632-91-BEECC2-BCA

Still mixed feeling on this one. I love Hannibal, I really do. Β But I never understood why he had such terrible singers on his records. Do others experience the same or am I hearing something wrong? I mean the woman on this record is seriously out of tune.

Edited by Pim

3 hours ago, sidewinder said:

That was after the Ed Dipple era - not the same, sadly. The late 70s through the 80s were the β€˜golden era’ for Mole. Having said that, I did find some really good things there, right through to their final move into Harold Moore’s Classical shop. The dusty and neglected second hand area upstairs in their relocated site could result in bargains (not recommended for asthmatics).

Tower In Piccadilly Circus - used to get lost for hours in that place.

The best/worst thing about that Tower was it was still open after the pub chucked out...

7 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Deck now back in action after an upgrade so spinning some of the items hiding in the racks.

LTI1ODYuanBlZw.jpeg

Starting with this 2LP Anthology put out by the good folks at Soul Brother Records.

Upgrade?

1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

I think that one is about to be reissued in the Tone Poet series. Love those limited edition Kings.

Going to buy the Hill and McLean of the upcoming Tone Poet

3 minutes ago, porcy62 said:

Upgrade?

Going to buy the Hill and McLean of the upcoming Tone Poet

Linn PSU got a new motor, circuit board and tachometer. Pretty β€˜radical’ upgrade, I have to say. The feet are tapping !

Yes, the Hill and McLeans are going to be must haves, I think. I don’t have β€˜Mr Natural’ on vinyl so will be tempted with that one too.