Which Mosaic Are You Enjoying Right Now?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J.J. Johnson Mosaic. "Full Moon & Empty Arms". This is a beautiful set, also JJ is one of the top trombonists of all time, in my opinion.

41627.jpg

Disc 1, finally, after a long search. This music makes me indescribably happy.

How do you like this set? I know a lot of people rank it near the top of Mosaics. I missed out on this and I can't justify paying OOP prices on this... One day though!!!

J.J. Johnson Mosaic. "Full Moon & Empty Arms". This is a beautiful set, also JJ is one of the top trombonists of all time, in my opinion.

41627.jpg

How do you like this set? I know a lot of people rank it near the top of Mosaics. I missed out on this and I can't justify paying OOP prices on this... One day though!!!

It's a good set, I'm not heavily into vocal jazz and this or a Chris Connor CD often does the trick. So many songs on it that there's always one to fit your mood.

41627.jpg

It's a good set, I'm not heavily into vocal jazz and this or a Chris Connor CD often does the trick. So many songs on it that there's always one to fit your mood.

I love this set. Anita is my favorite jazzsinger. Highlights are the Cole Porter and the Rodgers & Hart albums. IIRR this was the firts Mosaic I bought through their website.

Edited by Stompy Jones

Listening to my recently purchased Maynard Ferguson Roulette Mosaic set! Woah...! That's a band. Found an "affordable" copy on Amazon, and pulled the trigger. Glad to have this music finally. Just wish I was old enough to have purchased it from Mosaic for less $. Same goes for the Count Basie Roulette Studio set...

But I am soooooo glad to finally have this set. Great sound, great musicians and arrangements. :party::tup:w:g

Listening to "Secret Love" now on my iPhone.

Today is a Mosaic Saturday: Maynard, then disk 5 of the Horace Parlan, a little Benny Goodman big band, Oliver Nelson and now am on Sam Rivers "Secret Love", next I think will be Mobley.

WONDER how much longer Hank Mobley will last?!?! I mean it's been around a long time. Everyone who wanted it must have bought it by now. I mean I'm glad that it's still available, since it's a great set, but MAN.