Verve Vaults: OOP Albums

medjuck

The Apple Music Store has a new section called "Verve Vaults: out-of-print albums". They've got 15 offerings this week including albums from Woody Herman, Basie and Anito O'Day with the Three Suns. I can't tell if they were all originally on Verve or if any are from other labels controlled by Universal and now issued under the Verve label.

Edited by medjuck

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is nice news, especially since they aren't just doing OOP CDs, that Anita O'Day and the Three SOUNDS was only issued as part of the Mosaic set, I think one or two tunes came out on a comp., but the full album has never been reissued on CD.

Damn. I was waiting for this to happen. This is good in a sense that it will be that much easier to get OOP albums, but on the other hand I think the sound quality of the music will suffer. I could be wrong about that, but isn't the music available from iTunes compressed even more than a cd? Plus we will not get liner notes or session notes, which I do read from time to time. For me it is a mixed blessing.

And hasn't most of the albums offered been available in Japan at one time?

I see the disclaimer on iTunes sez that a new batch is coming in two weeks and mor added every month but these are for a "limited time only"

Where'd you see this? BTW When the i-tunes store first opened they asked for suggestions and I suggested this. Never got a reply and I don't even know if they really read it and I'm sure others also suggesed it, but I'm happy to take credit anyway. Now if they'd just ofer some of those Mercury Gerry Mulligans that have never been on cd.

I see the disclaimer on iTunes sez that a new batch is coming in two weeks and mor added every month but these are for a "limited time only"

Where'd you see this?

it was right on the right in the vault main page within iTunes. as I could not cut and paste and was too lazy to type verbatim but it tells us that you better hurry!!!! :D kind of like those limited edition connoissuer series things.

hen the i-tunes store first opened they asked for suggestions and I suggested this. Never got a reply and I don't even know if they really read it and I'm sure others also suggesed it, but I'm happy to take credit anyway.

Too bad you haven't filed a business method patent for this brilliant idea ;)

Apple obtains patent license from E-Data for downloading music and burning it to CD's

Just have your kids explain it too you - iTunes that is B-)

Seriously, I've had it on my "family" computer for about six months - it is a snap to get going once you download the "client" software, i.e. the stuff that sits on your PC so you can interact with their online site and download/play/burn tunes.

Edited by Eric

This is an EXTRAORDINARY program. I've already bought the O'Day and the Desmond, and both are out of this world! Any other recommendations of the titles they currently have for sale?

For those concerned about sound quality, I think iTunes tracks sound very good when burned to disc.