Miles Cellar Door Update

BFS

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well:

I just went to Border's and picked mine up using a 30% off coupon that expired yesterday.

Also plopped down to big gift cards from my October birthday and paid a whopping $22.82 for the

Cellar Door Box. :D

Would like to take the rest of the day off and start listening but will have to wait.

Can't wait to get everyones reaction to this long delayed and highly anticipated set.

Dova

CD Universe lists this as their top seller (today). Interesting.

Monk/Coltrane is still no. 3 over at Amazon. That is damn impressive. I would guess there are decent marketing $$$ behind this, but still. I think it showed up at either Pitchfork or Pop Matters as one of their top 2005 records.

Hell, Parker/Gillespie is no. 216 at Amazon. Not too shabby.

I sincerely hope the folks that buy these (or receive them as gifts) enjoy them. Boy, if you consider yourself an open-minded music lover, I would think these might have a shot.

I turned a friend on to Live-Evil a few years ago. He is a Parliament/Funkadelic fan and so L-E was a natural step forward.

Edited by Eric

anybody have a review of it yet?

down beat published one in its October issue and gave it *****. I received the January '06 issue this morning, and on page 8 they apologize if anybody went shopping and was disappointed - they had a September release date. "Unfortunately, the merger between the two major records labels Sony and BMG led to manufacturing delays of the set" is their explanation. They conclude by saying it will hit the stores by December 27 .....

Edited by mikeweil