My Mom died Tuesday.......

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conrad,

Sad to hear of your Mother's passing. I lost my father 8 years ago. Please try and take solace in knowing that things will get better for you and your family, although the loss is always felt. Your memories of her will always prove to be a powerful source of inspiration and happiness for the rest of your life. That never changes.

Conrad,

Thank you for that beautiful tribute to your mother. Just last night I was thinking of my own mother, who died from cancer in March of last year, when I came across this line from a poet: The woods are already dark, the sky is still blue. It almost seemed like a message from her; it's so hard, initially, to keep loving the life that your loved one has left behind. You & I have found so much common ground; I'm sorry that this experience is now part of it, but I hope you know that you can call me at any time. Take care, my friend.

David

Conrad,

Sad to hear of your Mother's passing.  I lost my father 8 years ago.  Please try and take solace in knowing that things will get better for you and your family, although the loss is always felt.  Your memories of her will always prove to be a powerful source of inspiration and happiness for the rest of your life.  That never changes.

I offer my condolences as well, and just wanted to echo what Soul Stream said. I lost my Dad to cancer in 1983. He was a physician, a clean-living person, early to bed, rode his bike to work, an avid backpacker... quite a healthy specimen of a man at 62 years of age. He was diagnosed in late February and was gone in early June. It was so hard to deal with that... but time does heal.

I wanted to add my condolances to everybody else's on the loss of your mother, Conrad.

We are never ready to say goodbye to our parents, even though we know that they have accepted that they are dying.

My own mother died seven years ago, at ninety-two and my father two years later. I still feel their presence. Strange that.

I found that remembering how both of them affected my life, all my life and made me the person I am today was comforting. They did their job and clearly your mother did her job as well. Her family and friends loved her. She loved her family and friends. That, in the final analysis is all that matters.