Ebay craziness

What's the deal with THIS set?

Anita O'Day

Normally, it barely sells for the original list price, let alone any OOP premium.

This seller has made a lot of $ in the last three months by selling a lot of Mosaic and other sets. A lot of these sets have sold for amazing prices. This one is far from being the first one to reach an unbelievable price. Not too sure what is going on here..... :huh:

Edited by ASNL77

What's the deal with THIS set?

Anita O'Day

Normally, it barely sells for the original list price, let alone any OOP premium.

This seller has made a lot of $ in the last three months by selling a lot of Mosaic and other sets. A lot of these sets have sold for amazing prices. This one is far from being the first one to reach an unbelievable price. Not too sure what is going on here..... :huh:

Hmmmmmmmm.

DOES look suspicious, doesn't it?

I've noticed this seller a while now. He is apparently moving to Italy...All his boxes and CD´s are never played (! - Why buy them in the first place?) and sealed and stored away. I don't get it.

He appears to have one of everything when it comes to boxes and if he has bought all of these boxes and CDs over the years just to put them away. Can it really be so???? For me that's weird.

That they are fetching top $'s are not that strange considering the OOP status and the fact that he has been going on a while (ove a thousand feedbacks) assures better dollars at sales.

/Shaft

i was going to start a thread on this seller, and decided to do a search first.

it's weird that we all think the same around the same time.

i've been keeping an eye on his auctions, and many of his mosaics (and others) go for much higher prices than the norm.

i am not sure if it is do to his claim on their condition or other factors (i.e. shill bidding).

as an example - he listed a george shearing mosaic yesterday and it's already up over $170, yet there is another shearing mosaic that's been up for a week and it has languished at $40 with 1 bid the whole time.

just doing some additional checking and he had a reprise ellington go for over $200, and i've never seen that one go for over $150, and it usually fetches no more than $100.

Edited by kulu se mama

I have been following some of the seller's auctions as well. At first I wondered if there was shill bidding involved, but now I lean toward it being because of repeat customers. I know from experience that there are not many sellers on ebay that acurately describe their auctions, so when you find one that does, you stay with them. In the past know many of my auctions have gone much higher because I have a base that keeps coming back.

holy - you could be right on the trust factor.

i've been burned more than once on an items description.

Include HolyStitt in that group as well.

The worst for me was a seller that sent me the Tina Brooks Mosaic in a padded envelope and with a scratch so deep a track that one of the sides skipped.

Yes, I read that. And there were only two bids, so it must have been two guys who absolutely wanted to complete their MFSL collection.

But this label fetishism is crazy, since there is nothing special about the disc itself. I don't think the buyer cares about the Bach violin partitas.

• 1 month later...

Check this out. Barely out of print and this guy wants $100.00 per disc before shipping!! He says he'd like to make a final sale. I'm sure he would!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

I have seen that one as well. We should all bombard him with stupid questions about shipping, the condition of the set etc. I hope nobody is going to be mad enough to bid! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Ebay

Hmm...pre-owned in pre-owned condition, no case, no artwork. I'm on the fence. What, no shipping?! I may have to jump on this one. ;)

The same seller has Jane Monheit's "The Season" available for that same price. I bought that one at a going-out-of-business sale for $1.50 a year ago. Maybe I should put it up on Ebay for $500, try and undercut this guy. Heck, mine's a dual-disc I think, maybe I should ask $600! :cool:

• 1 month later...